Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Trainer Workout Plans/DVDs

Options
  • 09-10-2011 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Just purchased a turbo trainer (tacx satori) to keep me ticking over for the winter months. Any recommendations for novice plans or dvds?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This site seem pretty good - http://www.turbotraining.co.uk/turbo_trainer_sessions.php

Wheelworx post a workout on their website every Thursday(?) not sure how good it is but I know they stick one up once a week.

The tacx website has some too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Cheers RQ, I checked out a couple of the sites incl the Tacx.

Noobie question but how are the gears numbered :o...

For example plan says BGx15 or Smx21 etc. Obviously I understand Bg and Sm (plan says it!!) but how is the rear wheel numbered :confused:. I'm on an 18 speed bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Count the number of teeth (spikes) in each row of your back wheel cassette, the less teeth the harder the gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

catweazle wrote: »
    Count the number of teeth (spikes) in each row of your back wheel cassette, the less teeth the harder the gear.

Ah the light shines :o. Thanks catweazle

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Buy a session from sufferfest.com, amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey shaz,

PM me your e mail and I'll ping you on 50 sessions in a doc based on cadence and gearing.

EL D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Hey shaz,

PM me your e mail and I'll ping you on 50 sessions in a doc based on cadence and gearing.

EL D

Can I jump on this El D?

Rawhead wrote: »
    Can I jump on this El D?

Ya of course, PM me the e mail.

Ya of course, PM me the e mail.

Thanks for that. Just downloaded some sufferfest stuff also so I should be flying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Rawhead wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Just downloaded some sufferfest stuff also so I should be flying now.

Just did their new one, A Very Dark Place, its awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Hey shaz,

EL D

Any chance I could jump on the same bandwagon El D?

figs wrote: »
    Any chance I could jump on the same bandwagon El D?

Yep, just PM e mail pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

Could I also jump on the same bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

An apt email from my coach today:

"not sure if any of you have seen this. It may be a useful tool to keep motivation on turbo sets.
    I haven't played with it yet, need to borrow a garmin cadence/speed do dar to get full benefits.
    Currently it is free and is a piece of software i'd been dreaming about, but lacked the necessary programming skills to get the job done myself.

http://www.trainerroad.com/"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I used the site last night to do a workout and it's pretty good. Nice loud audible alarm to tell you to switch focus to a new part of the plan and a constant counter so you know how long you've been going for. Much better than a piece of paper!

Guys pinged off another few e mail there this evening, hope ye got them.

NT your mail bounced back, send me your mail again please.

I could just try an attach it to a post? File might be too big but it'll save poor ElD from emailing half of ART.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

tunney wrote: »
    An apt email from my coach today:

"not sure if any of you have seen this. It may be a useful tool to keep motivation on turbo sets.
    I haven't played with it yet, need to borrow a garmin cadence/speed do dar to get full benefits.
    Currently it is free and is a piece of software i'd been dreaming about, but lacked the necessary programming skills to get the job done myself.

http://www.trainerroad.com/"

I've been using this the last week or so.
    Pretty good piece of gear so far.

Be interested to see anyone compare the power figures to a power meter without telling the software to detect power meter.

Workouts seem good.
    Hopefully wouldn't be too pricey per month when full release happens.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hey shaz,

EL D
    You could always put it on rapidshare or similar?

Otherwise *puts hand up too*

I have it up loaded on that rapidshare now, user name el_director url https://rapidshare.com/files/2129639388/Interval_Workouts.doc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

I have it up loaded on that rapidshare now, user name el_director url https://rapidshare.com/files/2129639388/Interval_Workouts.doc

Thanks director - now i have loads of plans it piles on the pressure to get the TT out of the box and set up ready to go

Just rememered this thread, I have a PDF copy of THIS if anyone is interested I can email it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

Just rememered this thread, I have a PDF copy of THIS if anyone is interested I can email it on.

That'd be savage - i have that in my wishlist but i never pulled the trigger on it - i'll pm you my email address.

I have since unboxed the trainer and got going on it but i could always do with more workouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Just rememered this thread, I have a PDF copy of THIS

Thanks RQ - PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Have tried Trainer road and it seems very good. Would be interested in some of the experienced peoples view on their calculations on 'vitual power'

Just to be aware, they are switching over tomorrow (Sat) to a monthly sub of $10 (us dollars) per month, if you registered before then you can get it for $7 a month.

Would love a copy of the workput book, slayer91 at gmail.com

Regs

I think I've replied to everyone, give me a nudge if I've missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi RacoonQueen,

Would you mind sending that pdf on please..
    Sending PM now

Many thanks

Mike

Could I get on board this offer.

Regards,
    Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Me to please, got me a Turbo trainer for Christmas and would like this to get me going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Try this also for fairly simply sessions: http://www.turbotraining.co.uk/indoorCyclingWorkout.php?nav=search
    Use the ANav to the left to set your preferences and then click on view plan.

Advertisement