Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor sim in international phone ?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I'm buying a blackberry phone from the uk.
    the phone is unlocked to be used with any network.
    So will my meteor sim card work with the phone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'll give you my two cents re that issue. I had a phone with the Three network for 18 months. Three unlocked it for me when I upgraded. The phone is an Inq 1. I inserted a Meteor sim in it and it did'nt work. Would connect to Meteor for about 30 secs and then cut off. I the inserted O2, Voda And Justmobile sims in turn and all worked perfectly. Got on to Meteor CC who were no help, claiming it was the phone's fault. Got back to Three who said it was completely unlocked to any network. Emailed Inq, who were quite helpful, but could never get either of 2 meteor sims (3g) to work. Even got the phone flashed by an unlocking shop, but no luck. Phone has now been restored to full factor default state, but still will not take a Meteor sim.:mad::mad::mad:

I wish you the best of luck, and hope that my peoblem is not endemic to all unlocked phones that will be using Meteor sims.

Advertisement