Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360

Options
  • 09-10-2011 4:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

Son looking for Xbox 360 for Christmas. Where's the best place to buy? 4gb in tesco with Kinnect box for 299.00 but guy told me I would need to upgrade to 250gb....havent a clue about these...all feedback appreciated...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

It depends what your young lad wants it for? If he'll be playing online, or not.
    If so, the 4g isn't worth a sh1t. You can get the 250g at gamestop for €186 delivered last time I checked

It's not available at the min but.......

Keep your eye on this page.

http://www.gamestop.ie/42001_Xbox_360_Xbox_360_S_Console_250GB.aspx

Do you really want kinect :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I would go more memory over the Kinect. I use Kinect quite a bit but it needs a lot of room (10 feet square I would say) and is usually more suited to family parties than kids games.

I agree with the poster above, prefer the bigger HD over Kinect. The new xbox is whisper quiet if you install the games from disc (you still need the disc inserted) it also aids loading. But the caveat is that games are 2 to 3 gigs big, because of this a 250gb HD is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

you pretty much need a hd in there, they're pretty limited without it

i would imagine there will be some more deals out for christmas with the hd and kinect, amazon usually has good deals but game/gamestop do sometimes too

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moneysurfing

Find somebody who is working at Tesco, we have privilege card and can buy with 10% staff discount, this save for you 30bucks, for 35-45 eur at ebay you can buy a 250gb hdd and easily upgrade it, just search for a videos at youtube.
    So for cca 310eur you can have xbox with kinect and 250gb hdd.
    I also consider to buy one for my daughter.
    But wait a few days, the Christmas deals coming - pixmania yesterday was 299eur, I checked today and it 269+delivery, however delivery is too much.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/video-game-xbox-360-s-console-4-gb-k/ieuk9657418_jvart.html

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lip

Hi,just to let you know. I got a great deal on an xbox bundle on littlewoods for my son. I got Xbox360 250gb,new version, 2 games and 12 months live membership for 259.99. I was in Gamestop last week,and it was 230 for a preowned 250gb console and 1 preowned game,a total rip off. There are othe deals on the littlewoods site at the moment,might be worth a look. Thats the cheapest I could find anywhere. If you're not a customer of theirs,maybe you know someone who is,my sister got mine for me. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement