Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up courses

• 09-10-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I am considering pursuing a career in make up artistry and at the moment I am looking at doing a short course to get a taste for it to make sure I like it before I fully commit to doing a full time course as all the courses seem to be very expensive.

I found this 4wk course in makeup fabilicious and I was just wondering if anyone on here has done this course and can tell me what it's like. Or if you have any other information or tips regarding make up courses it would be much appreciated.
    http://www.makeupfablicious.com/make-up-artist-workshop.html

I have already done a 1 day workshop but it didn't really give me much of an insight to it so that's why I am looking to do a short course in it instead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Hi Kookie,

I'm thinking along the same lines myself. I have looked into a few courses. Make up Forever seem to have a nice 4-6 week one which is kind of like a beginner course. It means you can progress onto higher qualifications with them over time. However, it's pricey and I have emailed them about the course to which I got no response. That disappointed me a bit.

I also checked Makeupfabilicious and have heard they are excellent but was stunned by the price of their introductory courses. Such a real shame they are that pricey. I know it is worth it in the long run but it's such a big amount to pay up front if you don't even know what the course is like. Also, I did see that you have to pay for exams with them separately so there is a nice bit of money involved. They are supposed to be excellent though. I SO wish I had the money to do it. I have a friend who got into it by simply working on make up counters in Debenhams with no previous experience. Over the years she got more and more experience but never got an actual qualification. It seems the bar has been raised a bit in the make up industry. Good luck with it all. If you do go for it, let me know how it goes. It would be such good fun!! :D

Advertisement