Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Target Rifle

• 09-10-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi

I may be selling this target rifle in the near future, the model number is not on the rifle, I thought someone might be able to tell me what the model number is.

Also if anyone knows roughly what the rifle is worth would help too.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Looks to be an Anschutz Supermatch with a 1411 prone stock.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

Assuming it's substantially factory-original, e.g. no switching of stocks, removal of sight blocks, etc., it appears to be an 1811. What's the date code on it?

There isn't much demand for that pattern of rifle in it's original target market - i.e. prone T/R shooters. Nowadays they want multi-adjustable metal stocks, etc. You might do better with the benchrest crowd. In any case you may do better to part out the extra accessories to (e.g.) E-Bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

It would make an excellend entry level rifle for either juniors or shooters new to the sport.

The Anschutz action just means that if and when you want to upgrade all the new type stocks etc will still fit - allowing upgrades as and when you can afford them. The rifle will still be as good as most out there - in the right hands!! ;)

Should be desireable enough I'd have thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Repins

Thanks for the info lads,it looks like its an 1811 alright, I don't shoot target rifle thats why I did'nt know what kind it was.

I bought this rifle about eight years ago with the intension to shoot benchrest but I never really got into it, so im thinking of swapping for something else.

does anyone know how much I should ask if I was to sell it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

Repins wrote: »
    Thanks for the info lads,it looks like its an 1811 alright, I don't shoot target rifle thats why I did'nt know what kind it was.

I bought this rifle about eight years ago with the intension to shoot benchrest but I never really got into it, so im thinking of swapping for something else.

Thanks.

I'll give you €20.00 for it horse! ;)

• Advertisement

intershoot wrote: »
    Repins wrote: »

Thanks.

I'll give you €20.00 for it horse! ;)

Has to be worth at least twice that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dysondiver

hi , im new here so thought id say hello ,
    ive an interest in a 54 action , so yours may suit , price dependant , ive added a .22lr to my ticket so price and ticket dependant , i could just be your man.

dysondiver wrote: »
    hi , im new here so thought id say hello ,
    ive an interest in a 54 action , so yours may suit , price dependant , ive added a .22lr to my ticket so price and ticket dependant , i could just be your man.

Sorry mate, rifle is sold.

Advertisement