Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Stratus 1500 text settings

Options
  • 09-10-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have spent a good few days now trying to get Text Messaging working on this new phone model, recently purchased from Tesco. My previous BT model (BT Diverse 6350) works fine for sending, but receives an SMS as a normal call. The new phone has just begun receiving my SMS messages correctly, but still fails to send any. The new phone has 3 Service Centres 1,2,3 and each centre has individual SEND CENTRE and RECEIVE CENTRE settings:

My settings on the new phone are:
    ............. SEND CENTRE: .......... RECEIVE CENTRE:
    Service Centre 1.. 17409900 ........... 0818365135
    Service Centre 2.. 17409900 ........... 0818365135
    Service Centre 3.. 17409900 ........... 0818365135

...whereas the older phone has 5 Service Centres and only one number per Centre. I have left the Service Centre 2-5 free of any numbers on the old phone as per the BT Stratus manual instructions:

"If you have two text phone base stations plugged into one line, you are likely to experience problems receiving text messages. Normally, only one TEXT/SMS enabled base unit (DECT or cordless) can be plugged into any line. If you do want to use two base units and still receive written text you must delete receive service centre number from one of the base stations. where there are two base units on the same line."

I have tried several combinations of SEND/RECEIVE numbers based on other discussions here and there and have almost given up on the issue. I could send texts from my old phone and receive texts on my new phone, but I feel there must be a siple answer out there somewhere. That answer may resolve similar issues for other users of BT phones here in Ireland.

PS. I have also tried several number configurations with and without the original phone connected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Earthnohow wrote: »
    I have spent a good few days now trying to get Text Messaging working on this new phone model, recently purchased from Tesco. My previous BT model (BT Diverse 6350) works fine for sending, but receives an SMS as a normal call. The new phone has just begun receiving my SMS messages correctly, but still fails to send any. The new phone has 3 Service Centres 1,2,3 and each centre has individual SEND CENTRE and RECEIVE CENTRE settings:

My settings on the new phone are:
    ............. SEND CENTRE: .......... RECEIVE CENTRE:
    Service Centre 1.. 17409900 ........... 0818365135
    Service Centre 2.. 17409900 ........... 0818365135
    Service Centre 3.. 17409900 ........... 0818365135

...whereas the older phone has 5 Service Centres and only one number per Centre. I have left the Service Centre 2-5 free of any numbers on the old phone as per the BT Stratus manual instructions:

"If you have two text phone base stations plugged into one line, you are likely to experience problems receiving text messages. Normally, only one TEXT/SMS enabled base unit (DECT or cordless) can be plugged into any line. If you do want to use two base units and still receive written text you must delete receive service centre number from one of the base stations. where there are two base units on the same line."

I have tried several combinations of SEND/RECEIVE numbers based on other discussions here and there and have almost given up on the issue. I could send texts from my old phone and receive texts on my new phone, but I feel there must be a siple answer out there somewhere. That answer may resolve similar issues for other users of BT phones here in Ireland.

PS. I have also tried several number configurations with and without the original phone connected.

Hi Earthnohow,

Thanks for contacting the eircom Forum on Boards.ie

Unfortunately, eircom cannot offer support with your BT phone handset. You should therefore contact the relevant manufacturer, or vendor of the handset for further advise /support.

If you have any problem with your eircom phone line or eircom equipment and need support, please let me know or call into our Faults Support or Customer Care Helpline : 1901 - freefone.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Earthnohow

Hi Earthnohow,

Thanks for contacting the eircom Forum on Boards.ie

Unfortunately, eircom cannot offer support with your BT phone handset. You should therefore contact the relevant manufacturer, or vendor of the handset for further advise /support.

If you have any problem with your eircom phone line or eircom equipment and need support, please let me know or call into our Faults Support or Customer Care Helpline : 1901 - freefone.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Thank you for your reply! I was having problems sourcing the Bt Helpline number in Ireland and will keep trying. If I manage to resolve this issue I will certainly post my findings.

Advertisement