Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that automated voice I hear in Swords?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I live near the Pavillions is there a loudspeaker there announcing something? Am I going mad? These may be separate questions. Has anyone else heard what I'm on about? I think it started as a female voice, now it's a male voice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Heard it again today. A BINGBONG then a woman's voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Could it be an announcement from one of the factories behind the Castle or an announcement being made in one of the supermarkets in the Pavilions?

It's surprising how that type of sound can carry. I was hearing something similar from my house in Donabate. It took me a while to work out that it was the station announcer at Donabate train station. I live over a mile away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

ksimpson wrote: »
    Could it be an announcement from one of the factories behind the Castle or an announcement being made in one of the supermarkets in the Pavilions?

It's surprising how that type of sound can carry. I was hearing something similar from my house in Donabate. It took me a while to work out that it was the station announcer at Donabate train station. I live over a mile away from it.
    Either that or do you live near a Bus Eireann route? They have an automated voice that comes on an exterior loudspeaker when the bus driver opens the exterior locker doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Its the ghost of Metro future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Eoineo wrote: »
    Either that or do you live near a Bus Eireann route? They have an automated voice that comes on an exterior loudspeaker when the bus driver opens the exterior locker doors.

"Stand Clear! Luggage doors operating!"

Nope not that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

"Bingbong, take cover, martian attack imminent"

Carry a 12 gauge, you never know when it's not a drill

Advertisement