Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big Beats thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

GavMan wrote: »
    Yes, I thought the original Studios were good and that the criticisms were mainly nitpicking until I tried the new ones. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough.

Calling them over priced crap isn't nitpicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I wouldn't want to be trying out €350 headphones on a phone TBH.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

GavMan wrote: »
    Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough.

Ouh errr, get a load of this guy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Morf wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to be trying out €350 headphones on a phone TBH.

Indeed. Custom IEMs would give you better isolation, clarity, battery life, and are inconspicuous when worn as well as being significantly more portable and less of a target for theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Brian wrote: »
    Indeed. Custom IEMs would give you better isolation, clarity, battery life, and are inconspicuous when worn as well as being significantly less portable and a target for theft.

There is not one Beats owner who has ever worried about them being inconspicuous! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Better than beats?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AH-C300-Headphones-Microphone-Controls/dp/B008N5HU4I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379948025&sr=1-1&keywords=denon+urban+raver

I have these and they are simply put, the best base-head iem I've ever listened to. All the base you could want, no mid base hump here!

The base does not bleed into the mids and the highs are as bright as you could want. What magic they used to make these phones is beyond me.

I've never listened to beats, so I can't say, but I do love my Denons!

I have these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00974Q1US/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Too much bass, perfect example of amping up the base at the expense of the other ranges.

Koss porta pros are brilliant for the price with tons of bass, but just to reiterate the

Also have Seinheisser IE8s, great iems, but like most seins, have a mid base hump, its a sharp twack they put in to make you think they have more base than they actually have.

Denons blow them all out of the water for base quality and clarity across the mids and treble regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Better than beats?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AH-C300-Headphones-Microphone-Controls/dp/B008N5HU4I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379948025&sr=1-1&keywords=denon+urban+raver

I have these and they are simply put, the best base-head iem I've ever listened to. All the base you could want, no mid base hump here!

The base does not bleed into the mids and the highs are as bright as you could want. What magic they used to make these phones is beyond me.

I've never listened to beats, so I can't say, but I do love my Denons!

I have these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00974Q1US/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Too much bass, perfect example of amping up the base at the expense of the other ranges.

Koss porta pros are brilliant for the price with tons of bass, but just to reiterate the

Also have Seinheisser IE8s, great iems, but like most seins, have a mid base hump, its a sharp twack they put in to make you think they have more base than they actually have.

Denons blow them all out of the water for base quality and clarity across the mids and treble regions.

KPP are great phones, but there is new Budget King out there - JVC HA-S500. If you like KPP or KSC75 you will love JVC phones, only few quid dearer than PortaPros.

docentore wrote: »
    KPP are great phones, but there is new Budget King out there - JVC HA-S500. If you like KPP or KSC75 you will love JVC phones, only few quid dearer than PortaPros.

Hmm, they look nice ^ ^. I don't go in much for on the bigger makes and use the Koss for running, because you don't even notice you are wearing them. But if I was out walking the dog etc, these JVCs would be a bargain!

I do have a pair of JVC HA-FXT90 which are great phones for non bassy type music.

I just have to stress though, that even with big cans, I've never heard the texture of bass I get from the Denons.

https://stozz-audio.jux.com/1130009#

They really have to be the number one phone for base heads, hard to describe their base quality, in words although they have been described as holding a sub woofer to each ear ^ ^ and I'd have to agree, funny thing is with the Denons, you can tame the base by using the solid silicon tips supplied.

Just a disclaimer needed here I think.... I do not work for Denon ^ ^.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Breaking Blog

Just ordered a pair of studio beats! Toooo happy :D

Cool story bro

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Cool story bro

You know it bro, gonna be lording the beats!

Just ordered a pair of studio beats! Toooo happy :D

It costs nothing to educate yourself before making a big money purchase.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dr-dre-premium-headphones-beats-studio-black/reviews

It costs nothing to educate yourself before making a big money purchase.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dr-dre-premium-headphones-beats-studio-black/reviews

I am educated :(

What's wrong with buying the headphones I wanted? I'm well aware there are better value for money headphones out there but, in my opinion, none look as slick as the beats!

What's wrong with buying the headphones I wanted? I'm well aware there are better value for money headphones out there but, in my opinion, none look as slick as the beats!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AH-D600-Over-Ear-Headphone/dp/B008MUXTSU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382107948&sr=8-3&keywords=denon

If I was choosing between 2 headphones that sounded the same, I'd go on looks. If I was choosing between great cans and crap cans, I'd take the great cans.
    If I was overly interested in looks, I'd berate myself for being so vain. If I was joining a boat that has long since sailed, I wouldn't bother.

Muddy base, recessed mids and harsh highs. I can get that for 20 euro.

If I was choosing between 2 headphones that sounded the same, I'd go on looks. If I was choosing between great cans and crap cans, I'd take the great cans.
    If I was overly interested in looks, I'd berate myself for being so vain. If I was joining a boat that has long since sailed, I wouldn't bother.

Muddy base, recessed mids and harsh highs. I can get that for 20 euro.

It's a good thing that you're not overly interested in looks then! There's nothing wrong with buying beats cos you think they look slick, I don't get why you have to jump at people for that and say they are vain!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nothing inherently WRONG with buying headphones based on their looks...
    but I personally find it sad when people buy headphones based on what OTHER people think they look like.

And furthermore, Design 101: shiny plastic stops looking good after ~1 year. :cool:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Nothing inherently WRONG with buying headphones based on their looks...
    but I personally find it sad when people buy headphones based on what OTHER people think they look like.

And furthermore, Design 101: shiny plastic stops looking good after ~1 year. :cool:

I bought them based on what I think they look like, not what others think.

It's a good thing that you're not overly interested in looks then! There's nothing wrong with buying beats cos you think they look slick, I don't get why you have to jump at people for that and say they are vain!

Ignore me, I'd expect they'll look the biz with your Iphone. :D
    I wasn't having a go I was simply pointing out, that there are alternatives out there that are cheaper and do the job much better.

• Advertisement

Ignore me, I'd expect they'll look the biz with your Iphone. :D
    I wasn't having a go I was simply pointing out, that there are alternatives out there that are cheaper and do the job much better.

Ah man I don't have an iphone, next on the list ;)

No doubt there are better value headphones on the market, different strokes for different folks :)

You paid like 200 quid for something that looks good but sounds like ****e... I don't know how you can justify thst

marko93 wrote: »
    You paid like 200 quid for something that looks good but sounds like ****e... I don't know how you can justify thst

I wanted them, so I put a few pound away and got them for myself. Quite simple really, not much to justify! Why does it bother you?

I wanted them, so I put a few pound away and got them for myself. Quite simple really, not much to justify! Why does it bother you?

Doesn't bother me. Was just curious really, but you were well right in saying different folks different strokes. Enjoy your headphones!

So I've been told to educate myself, that I'm vain and have been asked to justify something I saved up for and bought with my own money! You'd think I committed some heinous act. I feel so welcomed on boards...............

So I've been told to educate myself, that I'm vain and have been asked to justify something I saved up for and bought with my own money! You'd think I committed some heinous act. I feel so welcomed on boards...............

Welcome to boards.
    Oh and when I said educate yourself, I wasn't referring to your education, I was referring to your ignorance of the audio scene, which is apparent.

Originally people started buying beats because they saw their favourite celebrity wearing them. And that's fine,. It has since been pointed out that they are in fact bad value for money with pretty poor sound. Some people kindly pointed this out to you, I even suggested a great pair of cans and all of a sudden its a personal attack.

Buying an inferior listening device despite warnings, and then acting all mortified when you don't get a fist pump, high five is to me childish.

To be honest at this stage I actually think you are trolling.
    This is my last reply to you, for obvious reasons.

Coolio, I wasn't looking for a fist pump, I wanted to talk about beats. So I thought it would be ok to do that by posting in the beats thread, but maybe not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

Beats are class, haters gonna hate!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Glad you enjoy them, this thread isn't flamebait folly though so try to add a bit more substance to your posts, it goes a long way.

• Advertisement

TheMza wrote: »
    Beats are class, haters gonna hate!

And potatoes gonna potate!

Advertisement