Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riello 40 oil burner not working

• 09-10-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I have oil fired home heating . The burner stopped working altogether 2 days ago. The interior control panel is lighting up fine, No fuses tripped, The burner outside is not making any noise at all. I pressed the reset button . no change , Removed the panel and checked all connections. plenty of oil left in the tank.... nothing loose or out of place. Any ideas what i should check next, or can anyone recommend someone decent to look at it who wont charge me the heaven and earth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

which reset did you press
    the red one on the burner or the high limit one beside the thermostat?
    is your pump running

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

The red one on the burner.. no the pump is not working not a dicky bird out of the whole unit altogether

Where exactly is the high limit one located if i am looking straight at it.

beside the knob with the temperature control numbers on it
    it may be under a knob which unscrews
    http://www.heatingboilerspares.com/ImitDualThermostatShortProbe26763241incvat.htm
    to the left of the big dial in above image

good man fair play that worked , will get it serviced before the bad weather comes..Thanks

• Advertisement

good man fair play that worked , will get it serviced before the bad weather comes..Thanks

turn thermostat down on burner
    possibly fit pipestat onto pump that will over run when heating turns off(this will prevent more high limit trips)

ok cheers

Advertisement