Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.4hdi "anti pollution and oil pressure low"

• 09-10-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys I'm new to the site and I need your expert assistance in helping me sort a problem with our car..

Its a 2008 Peugeot 207 1.4hdi with 100k kilometers .
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    The problem;
    My car loses power and stalls whilst driving and then "anti pollution fault" followed by "oil pressure too low" appears on the dash display. Engine management light also comes on.. Once you come to a halt and restart the car it will drive perfectly again as if nothing is wrongconfused.gif

I brought it to my local Peugeot dealer and they put it on the diagnostic but no faults were found.. Car has been serviced using oem parts

This fault has happened 6 times in the last week!!

PS. 1.4hdi engine does not have a DPF filter apparently

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

If your getting an "anti pollution fault" then there has to be some faults logged in the ecu....:confused:
    With the low oil pressure it could be a faulty oil pressure sensor.

How long since it was serviced....?
    Maybe drop the oil and fit a new oil filter....it has been know if these cartridge filters are not fitted correctly it can bring up a low oil pressure warning light..:(
    I'd get a second option.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 REDLAD123

Row wrote: »
    If your getting an "anti pollution fault" then there has to be some faults logged in the ecu....:confused:
    With the low oil pressure it could be a faulty oil pressure sensor.

How long since it was serviced....?
    Maybe drop the oil and fit a new oil filter....it has been know if these cartridge filters are not fitted correctly it can bring up a low oil pressure warning light..:(
    I'd get a second option.

Serviced a few weeks ago with oem parts by a good mechanic (problem was occuring before servicing the car also)

Definitelty no faults were found on the dealers diagnostic (still cost us €68 though :mad:)

All hoses and exhaust have been checked for faults with none found!!

This one is a real brain teaser..........

REDLAD123 wrote: »
    Serviced a few weeks ago with oem parts by a good mechanic (problem was occuring before servicing the car also)

Definitelty no faults were found on the dealers diagnostic (still cost us €68 though :mad:)

All hoses and exhaust have been checked for faults with none found!!

This one is a real brain teaser..........

The first thing i'd do is pop in a new cartridge oil filter and see if that sorts it.
    What part of the country are you based in as there are a few good tec's on board (pardon the pun..:D)here who maybe able to help out with a diagnostic check that won't cost you €68...:)

Row wrote: »
    The first thing i'd do is pop in a new cartridge oil filter and see if that sorts it.
    What part of the country are you based in as there are a few good tec's on board (pardon the pun..:D)here who maybe able to help out with a diagnostic check that won't cost you €68...:)

We put in a new oil filter just 3 days ago. We are bsed on the Wexford/Carlow border..

The "oil pressure too low" fault only occurs AFTER the "anti pollution" fault shows up and then the car loses power and has to be restarted

REDLAD123 wrote: »
    We put in a new oil filter just 3 days ago. We are bsed on the Wexford/Carlow border..

The "oil pressure too low" fault only occurs AFTER the "anti pollution" fault shows up and then the car loses power and has to be restarted

If your getting a "anti pollution fault" then there has to be fault codes logged....As i said before get a second option...;)

• Advertisement

Sorry to ressurect this thread but I have had a few pm's from members asking me if we got to the bottom of problem.

Problem was resolved thank God.

The problem turned out to be a faulty fuse box. The car would cut out and not log any faults on the ecu as there was no power going from the relays in the fusebox to the ecu.
    We changed the fusebox for a new one (cost €200 in Peugeot Dealer Kilkenny) and had it fitted by a good indie..
    4 months on and the problem has never come back.
    Hope this helps someone else in the future..:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement