Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for simple solution for monitoring our baby in her room via laptop/iPhone

• 09-10-2011 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a simple solution for keeping an eye on our baby when she's in her room?

Basically, we're after something that doesnt connect to a computer but connects wirelessly / via IP over the net so that we can check on her with the laptop or iPhone, and is secure. Im hoping for something that has a good camera so I can see her clearly and not just a fuzzy image.

It doesnt have to be specifically a baby camera as I think theres generic security products out there that might do the trick.

I'd really appreciate any help in recommending something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

First baby?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Trotter wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a simple solution for keeping an eye on our baby when she's in her room?

Basically, we're after something that doesnt connect to a computer but connects wirelessly / via IP over the net so that we can check on her with the laptop or iPhone, and is secure. Im hoping for something that has a good camera so I can see her clearly and not just a fuzzy image.

It doesnt have to be specifically a baby camera as I think theres generic security products out there that might do the trick.

You can get iphone apps that turn the iphone into a baby monitor

e.g.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/baby-monitor/id295777624?mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Trotter wrote: »
    Hi all,

something like this?

http://www.babysecurity.co.uk/products/2992/Trendnet-Wireless-Internet-Server-TV%252DIP110W.html
    no idea if its any good...its the first thing i seen on google...

Im sure cheap ones can be got on Ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

we're also interested in this

neacy69 wrote: »
    something like this?

http://www.babysecurity.co.uk/products/2992/Trendnet-Wireless-Internet-Server-TV%252DIP110W.html
    no idea if its any good...its the first thing i seen on google...

Im sure cheap ones can be got on Ebay

that one looks very interesting but it looks like you have to plug it in to your wireless router,ours is miles away from what will be the nursery.

something similar would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

that one looks very interesting but it looks like you have to plug it in to your wireless router,ours is miles away from what will be the nursery.

something similar would be great

No its wireless...(connects to your WiFi network)

There are loads of these wifi ip cameras on ebay...Im pretty sure they turn up in Aldi/Lidl every now and then too

cool thanks neacy..we were looking at tomy and the like and for the camera and parent unit theyre touching 200 euro ..we always have our iphones on us and the laptop in the main living area is always on when we're there..
    looks like a good comprimise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

We just bought a video monitor for our new addition. Worked out at around €55-60. Got it on dealextreme.com

It's arriving today so can let you know if it works well or not later.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-4ghz-wireless-300kp-night-vision-security-surveillance-camera-w-2-4-lcd-handheld-baby-monitor-100284

If its something you need/want to view on iphone or laptop then a wireless IP camera is probably what you need.

I have seen them recently on amazon.co.uk from around £40.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=wireless+ip+camera&sprefix=wireless+i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

+1 on the ip webcam, there are lots also available on ebay as well as Amazon if you run into any problems with delivery.

In the future you can have it set up elsewhere in the house and check that all is well when you are away on holiday or keep an eye on babysitters etc. :cool:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Do-more wrote: »
    +1 on the ip webcam, there are lots also available on ebay as well as Amazon if you run into any problems with delivery.

In the future you can have it set up elsewhere in the house and check that all is well when you are away on holiday or keep an eye on babysitters etc. :cool:

I've one of these and it's very good. You can rig it up with sound output and it also has a motion sensor. Plenty of apps on itunes that will connect and allow you control the camera etc. Very versatile for the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foscam-FI8918W-Wireless-Camera-Viewing/dp/B004H1K43G/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cityhunter

this is indeed interesting ,first see this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I think I'll get this one.. Do ya reckon it'd do the trick?

ebay wifi cam

Advertisement