Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Milk on RTE2 (now)

Options
  • 09-10-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

I know its mentioned elsewhere but just felt it deserves a thread...

Its great to see an LGB rights film on Mainstream TV... Especially one thats got some substance to it...

For anybody who missed it its starts on BBC 2 at 10pm. Odd that its on both the one night (its not his birthday or anniversary)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Great movie and well worth watching. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

I've Sky+'d it, can't wait to watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Have the DVD, watching it on RTE, its on BBC at 10 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

is it just a coincidence that it's on BBC and RTE the same night?

but it does seem like an amazing movie!! I love Sean Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

allydylan wrote: »
    is it just a coincidence that it's on BBC and RTE the same night?

but it does seem like an amazing movie!! I love Sean Penn

Ye I wonder why... I think that normally only happens for stuff like anniversaries, etc?

I was almost emotional at the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd imagine that this weekend was when it became available for European TV stations to show it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Amazingly this is one of my mum's favourites. One of mine too. Plenty of emotive performances. After the rollercoaster of the tale though you really do feel an odd swell of, well I suppose, pride.

The only thing they have to look forward to is hope. And you have to give them hope. Hope for a better world, hope for a better tomorrow, hope for a better place to come to if the pressures at home are too great. Hope that all will be all right. Without hope, not only gays, but the blacks, the seniors, the handicapped, the us'es, the us'es will give up.

5 years for 2 cold blooded killings, but his guilt killed him in the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Ohh will this be on rte player?? I missed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Locker10a wrote: »
    Ohh will this be on rte player?? I missed it :(

Just to let you know - I was in HMV today and happened to notice Milk on sale there for only €2.99! That's a bargain! I bought it! So, hurry!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Yeah I was going to say that too,saw it in HMV in Limerick and Cork and Dublin for E2.99,lot's of them. Must have been a terrible seller but a great film. Bargain.

Freiheit wrote: »
    Yeah I was going to say that too,saw it in HMV in Limerick and Cork and Dublin for E2.99,lot's of them. Must have been a terrible seller but a great film. Bargain.

Lots of great film go to €2.99

Advertisement