Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc broadband charlesland

Options
  • 09-10-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

anyone having any issues with upc bb tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

my wireless keeps dropping out, ive a funny feeling theres been another cisco firmware upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Lost my UPC wi-fi connection on Saturday, ended up changing channel, was fine afterthat.

My wireless is standalone so have no issues. On a different note, contention is through the roof as there is a hugh slow down every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

UPC seem to have finally sorted the broadband am now getting 19mb down every night. If you have any issues on dropped connection or wireless speeds it could be down to the fact that every house has channel 11 as the default for the wireless. Changing this can stop the interference and help your connection speed. This can be done by opening internet explorer and going to the following web address : 192.168.1.1 , click login for password and then go to setup, then under wireless click basic and where it says channel which is set to auto by default change it to anything except 11. After doing this you will become disconnected from the internet and be reconnected a few minutes later.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement

Anyone having problems? Mine is down. Thank god for mobile BB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems? Mine is down. Thank god for mobile BB :)

Our is also down

I have reported the fault a half an hour ago. It was unknown before i rang.

Just got a text from UPC.
    UPC Text wrote:
    UPC crews have identified and are repairing a general fault in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Think it's back now.

• Advertisement

Yup, working fine here now.

i bet someone unplugged their local node to use a radio....

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Anyone hear any updates on us getting the 100 Mb lines yet?

After the Bray upgrade?

Give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Just did but they said they were too busy to talk to me and they wanted to schedule a call for later!! Would not let me hold :rolleyes::rolleyes: I've better things to do then set aside time for calls with UPC!

Gone again! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Aye, my home machine ain't responding...

EDIT: and it's back.

EDIT 2: Gone D: Just slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

It was crap all day yesterday and continuously dropping. Only getting 14 meg ATM.

Has anyone had phone calls dropping or getting an echo on the line lately?

had trouble with my telly yesterday, i rebooted the box several times and ripped out the cables and some other stuff.

when i rang up she said there's nothing wrong with it, give me the card number and reboot it.

presto it worked. she knew something was wrong with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Getting 19mbps at the mo. Has anyone managed to use Remote record as it says if you can get broadband we should be able (even though i'm on mmds)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Anyone else with a shoddy connection atm??
    176934514.png

And no... It's not my iphone nor the wifi that's causing it... ;)

not gr8:
    1631756862.png

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

1631871197.png

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

1631916245.png

This is the best mine has been in days. I submitted a formal complaint yesterday and have been told to expect a response within 48hrs. The last engineer that came out advised us that UPC are planning to upgrade the capacity for Charlesland as it is currently at maximum capacity and explains the recent poor connection speeds. The upgrade works were due to be completed by 1st December. I was told yesterday that the work has not yet been finished.

My complaint was simple, I'm paying for 30mb and for the last few weeks I have not been getting much more than 10mb.

Worth noting also that UPC won't accept speedtest.net results when complaining about speed results. you will probably be asked to run a speed test directly from their website which should give you more or less the same results as speedtest.net if your connection is suffering from capacity issues.

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/speedtest/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'll start talking to UPC about broadband when they introduce HD telly

Tried the UPC speed test and got the same as this. Pity there's no forum copy and paste image facility. Here's my result for a 7.6Mb DSL connection using a server in Galway. :)

1632006401.png

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

1632376030.png

Didn't check last night (although my modem went down yesterday at some stage and only came back with a reboot), but all seems fine again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Richard Parker

Anyone in Greystones haviong problems with UPC at the moment? Very intermittent service last night and none at all this morning.

No problems on my end.

• Advertisement

I found it slightly slow last night at around 7 but that is par for the course. No lost service here at all.

Advertisement