Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build and DIY show today-Swords-Anyone go??

• 09-10-2011 9:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my girlfriend went to the Build and DIY trade show today in the National Show Centre,Swords.

It was a show for DIYers and builders alike,and for the general folk looking to do home improvements.

Quite a few solar panel companies and and spray foam insulation companies at it,also lots of double glazing and door companies offering good discounts too.The usual carpet and wooden floor companies and also companies selling pots and pans and household items too.

I managed to blag/haggle a H2O X5 steam mop and accessory kit for 100 euro all in.It was selling on the TV shopping chanel for 140 euro,so that was a nice 40 euro saved indeed.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cillchainnigh

paddy147 wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend went to the Build and DIY trade show today in the National Show Centre,Swords.

It was a show for DIYers and builders alike,and for the general folk looking to do home improvements.

Quite a few solar panel companies and and spray foam insulation companies at it,also lots of double glazing and door companies offering good discounts too.The usual carpet and wooden floor companies and also companies selling pots and pans and household items too.

I managed to blag/haggle a H2O X5 steam mop and accessory kit for 100 euro all in.It was selling on the TV shopping chanel for 140 euro,so that was a nice 40 euro saved indeed.:)

A little off topic Paddy, but is that H20 steam mop any good? Thinking of getting one...

Cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Looking at the pics, I didn't think product endorsement was done here, in addition, posting pics of private individuals on a public forum: I trust permission was obtained, first to take the pics at the gig and then post their mug-shots here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Looking at the pics, I didn't think product endorsement was done here, in addition, posting pics of private individuals on a public forum: I trust permission was obtained, first to take the pics at the gig and then post their mug-shots here

How can publishing the picture of someone who stands in a public forum be problematic when published on a public forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Carlow52 wrote: »

Hardly product endorsement from a seasoned boards member?

Newly registered shill, then maybe, but not someone with that post history behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi all.in paddys photo about sheds sone differance between flat pack and from them to erect the shed 400/699:Dponddigger:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

photo from paddy

Advertisement