Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Calming at Durrow

Options
  • 09-10-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

The M7/M8 toll company are paying for traffic calming on the N77 (former N8) at Durrow north, the N77 south and, [I think] the R639 (former N8) west of Durrow. I think it is the last town on the old inter-urban route to have them installed.

I hate the thoughts of the big signs ruining the approach to the town, no sooner will they be up and a lorry will dent them and left like that for many years to come. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Any pics, Danno?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Not yet, they are just putting in the kerbs in the middle of the road on the N77 south. The N77 north (former N8) has spray-painted lines where the kerbs will be installed there. I have to double-check the Cullohill side, but I think they are doing calming there also.

Also have heard that the N77 bypass is off the agenda too... I think I put up a thread here about it in the past...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52369268 found it. The Laois Co. Co. link is now dead on that thread. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I don't know why the PPP company would bother to pay for traffic calming. Vehicles must already travel through Durrow at 50km/h, so it's not like traffic calming will slow them much more and entice them to use the motorway.

Tremelo wrote: »
    I don't know why the PPP company would bother to pay for traffic calming. Vehicles must already travel through Durrow at 50km/h, so it's not like traffic calming will slow them much more and entice them to use the motorway.

You missed one vital word in my OP... "toll" :D

I anticipate ramps will be along the traffic calming section to discourage lorries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement