Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) in UK on Vodafone

Options
  • 09-10-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm on the Vodafone PrePay network here in Ireland with my BlackBerry 8520, using the top up by 20 euro a month for free texts to any network offer.

I know as of recent months they now charge something like 50c a day for the use of the BBM service.

I am just wondering if I am using the phone in the UK for the next few weeks will my BBM still be charged per day at this rate, or per message or at a higher rate?

Thanks in advance, any help much appreciated as I cannot seem to find this info on the web!

Cheers

EDIT: Or would I be better off posting in the Vodafone forum? Mods feel free to move it if you think so. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Darren

Hiya,
    The domestic rate of 50c per day doesn't carry over whilst roaming - however, BlackBerry emails/messages are heavily compressed, so although you'll be charged per KB, the charges shouldn't be too much of a worry if you keep in mind a couple of things:

Use the live button rather than the browser button for general internet access, as it's charged differently and is better structured for roaming.
    Don't download attachments unless you're on WiFi, as this is where the majority of your usage will come from.
    Switch off any apps that might automatically connect until you're home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spmacios

Question: My friend lives in Egypt and has Vodafone as his carrier? As of Oct. 6th when Egypt added an extra digit to their mobile phone #'s I haven't been able to send him an SMS message. He can sporadically send them to me but I can't reply either on my iphone (Verizon) or my Blackberry (Boost).
    I have called my carrier (Verizon) here in the States and they reassure me that my messages are being delivered to Vodafone. He has called Vodafone and they say that if they got the messages he would have them.
    Not sure what to do in this situation. We have both filed trouble tickets with our respective mobile companies and the situation is far from being resolved. Verizon thinks that Vodafone has put a block of some kind on numbers originating from my area of the US since neither of my phones (which have different #'s but are in the same region) are able to send SMS messages to Egypt.
    In addition, are either of us going to be charged for all these messages sent to the Ethos?

Advertisement