Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: hdowney

• 09-10-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

This week, it's the Swedish chef ... hopefully sufficiently recovered from her battle with the microbots to stand up to interrogation! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

What would be the worst experience you had while registered on boards?
    If you had to choose a country to invest €10,165 of your own money in, which one would it be and why?
    What is your favourite colour?
    The worst accent in Ireland at the moment?
    What film, which maybe considered dodgy or crap, is one that you secretly enjoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

How many tattoos have you? and what are they?
    Do you have siblings? If so, how many?
    Do you like where you live?
    If you could choose any place in the world to live and work, where would it be?
    Beer or wine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

This week, it's the Swedish chef ... hopefully sufficiently recovered from her battle with the microbots to stand up to interrogation! :)

Swedish?????? (and no the microbots still have hold of me. i shall TRY to answer the questions however :))

What would be the worst experience you had while registered on boards?

I can't say i have had any worst experiences. perhaps getting a warning!

If you had to choose a country to invest €10,165 of your own money in, which one would it be and why?

oh to have that kinda money! i would probably invest in my own country, only once i know that the politicians cannot ruin my good investment

What is your favourite colour?

blue or purple

The worst accent in Ireland at the moment?

put on posh dublin!

What film, which maybe considered dodgy or crap, is one that you secretly enjoy?

homeward bound :)

NEEEEXT

How many tattoos have you? and what are they?

I have seven at the moment. on my left wrist there is a purple butterfly. on my right wrist there is a barcode and a pink breast cancer ribbon. on the back of my neck i have the chinese symbol for ox (my starsign). on my left foot, leg i have a custom piece which includes flowers and the chinese symbol for strength. on the outside of my right leg i have a cross and on the inside i have the skull with chef hat and knives :)

Do you have siblings? If so, how many?

zip. zero. nada

Do you like where you live?

NO. firstly my house is crapsville, full of holes and badly insulated etc. also pokey small. then there is the fact i live RIGHT next to the sea so it does be quite colder down here than further inland (like up the hill) and when there is a wind on the sea, like last night the noise is unbearable. it makes eveything bang and rattle (like the ignorant next door neighbours electric box door since they NEVER close the damn thing) and you get like NO sleep. and because of the poorly made, poorly insulated house it makes it cold, and we have to stick cardboard in the doors to stop them banging. so as i said NO!

If you could choose any place in the world to live and work, where would it be?

New York City

Beer or wine?

I like both, although i would go for wine over beer.

Thank you BG. NEEEEXT

• Advertisement

What's your favourite dish to cook in the kitchen?

Ever meet Hercule Poirot?
    Are people who have beards more evil than clean shaven individuals?
    Favourite word to use in everyday conversation?
    What kind of car do you drive (if any)?

What's your favourite dish to cook in the kitchen?

spaghetti carbonara or a dish with venison steaks :)

Ever meet Hercule Poirot?

i have not, that would be pretty cool tho

Are people who have beards more evil than clean shaven individuals?

they can come across that way as depending on the amount of beardage you cannot always make out their facial expressions

Favourite word to use in everyday conversation?

Poxbottle!!!!

What kind of car do you drive (if any)?

i has an orange nissan primera 2l :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

hdowney wrote: »
    Swedish??????
    Oh, dear. I'm giving away my age again! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Oh, dear. I'm giving away my age again! :(

hurdy, hurdy, hurdy!! :pac:

Hiya H :)

what sort of cuisine would you do if you were to open your own restaurant?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Hiya H :)

what sort of cuisine would you do if you were to open your own restaurant?

simples this one. italian all the way it is :)

are there any type of cuisine that you aren't a fan of?

If there are, what is it you don't like about them?

are there any type of cuisine that you aren't a fan of?

If there are, what is it you don't like about them?

no specific cuisines, just certain foods. like i still can't stand the taste of sprouts! and i am sooo not a fan of cinnamon since school when they thought it'd be funny since i was taking that weeks bake home to put an entire jar of the stuff into it instead of the required amount :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Do you say hi, hello, hey when you greet someone?

Do you say hi, hello, hey when you greet someone?

it does depend on the situation. the way i was raised was thus: someone my age ish or younger or in a completely informal setting tis ok to say hi. also to someone i know well, unless they are an elder (like certain older people i may know kinda thing).

in all other circumstances such as to your elders, to people you don't know and in a formal setting it is hello :)

Should harmful medical waste (i.e. syringes etc.) be incinerated or be sold on e-bay in order to make a few quid?
    Do you agree with recycling? Are you an avid recycler?
    Ever been arrested?
    If given the chance to become a resident of any country in the world, which one would it be and why?

Should harmful medical waste (i.e. syringes etc.) be incinerated or be sold on e-bay in order to make a few quid?

um incinerated

Do you agree with recycling? Are you an avid recycler?

yes i agree with recycling. i don't recycle as much as i should as i have nowhere to store it

Ever been arrested?

no

If given the chance to become a resident of any country in the world, which one would it be and why?

america. would love it

did you always want to be a chef? Or did you have some other career in mind prior to deciding on training to be a chef?

do you have any interest in the various cookery related shows on the tv? If yes, what ones would be your favourite?

did you always want to be a chef? Or did you have some other career in mind prior to deciding on training to be a chef?

i have ALWAYS loved cooking, since i started to learn as a young'un. but i wasn't 100% sure i would be good at it for a career. when i was 15 i started volunteering at a kids club, and realised a, i was good at it and b, kiddies loved me. so when i finished school i went to study childcare and went into that.

then i decided i wasn't so fond of kiddies anymore, but i still was too scared to try cheffin (what if i did the course and hated it, then i'd hate cooking in general!) so as i have always been good a computers i got a diploma in it, but came out of that just as the recession hit, so there were no jobbies going. i was on the dole a while and i then decided 'sod it go for it' and i signed up for my chef course :)

do you have any interest in the various cookery related shows on the tv? If yes, what ones would be your favourite?

i like a lot of them (mainly for recipes) like rachel ray, masterchef etc. they all bring something that i like (but all the reality shows also annoy me to some degree), i love the cooking channels on sky

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

what brought you to boards?

Favourite Nicholas cage movie?

what brought you to boards?

i actually cannot remember. something trivial i am sure. glad to be here tho

Favourite Nicholas cage movie?

actually most of them! like national treasure, ghost rider, wicker man, con air, gone in 60 seconds etc

Ever hold a conversation with an inanimate object? And if so, how did it go?
    Is there a lot of anger in the world today?
    Ever want to become a nudist, or at least go to a nudist beach?
    Should receeding hairlines be banned from public display?

Ever hold a conversation with an inanimate object? And if so, how did it go?

um no!

Is there a lot of anger in the world today?

yes. some of it justified i would say but a lot of it not. i think we are a people (not just the irish) to take up a cause no matter if it is right or not, just to vent. so we let out a lot of anger, not always directed the right way

Ever want to become a nudist, or at least go to a nudist beach?

not particularly no

Should receeding hairlines be banned from public display?

no, but i do wonder, if it has receeded quite far why don't you just get rid completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

With thanks to hd, and hoping those microbots soon run out of energy!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement