Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet PC Suggestions

Options
  • 09-10-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I just want some advice regarding a tablet PC. Having used an Ipad 2 belonging to a friend of mine I can really see it would be benficial for me.

Mainly I would find it very useful as I read a lot of PDF Ebooks etc. on the laptop as it is. Also, I would do a lot of surfing aswell.

I am unsure of whether to get an Android or the Ipad 2. Was thinking of the android as it has more open source apps etc. Any particular recommendations? I have had some good feedback about the Samsung on the market?

So:
    1. What model if any would you reccomend for me?
    2. Should I wait a little while longer, are prices due to drop anytime soon?

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Kehoejck wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I just want some advice regarding a tablet PC. Having used an Ipad 2 belonging to a friend of mine I can really see it would be benficial for me.

Mainly I would find it very useful as I read a lot of PDF Ebooks etc. on the laptop as it is. Also, I would do a lot of surfing aswell.

I am unsure of whether to get an Android or the Ipad 2. Was thinking of the android as it has more open source apps etc. Any particular recommendations? I have had some good feedback about the Samsung on the market?

So:
    1. What model if any would you reccomend for me?
    2. Should I wait a little while longer, are prices due to drop anytime soon?

Thanks,
    Tom

I want to treat myself to a tablet and have no idea which to choose.
    Would appreciate any advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

To be honest there is very little difference between most of them in relation to specs and OS so really its more a case of size and budget.
    The Sony is a little chunky and feels a little plasticy. The lightest of them is the Samsung and the Motorola is the cheapest of them mainly due to the upcoming Xoom 2.

If I was to recommend any if them I'd go for the Xoom as its the cheapest by a good way, has more ports than any of the others and its also now owned by Google so all future Android updates should be Xoom driven

Advertisement