Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me make popcorn chicken

Options
  • 09-10-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Ok. It's my secret shame. Kfc. I particularly like popcorn chicken. Any tips on making it home made?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Raid the press for spices!

Cut up your chicken and put it in a bowl.
    Fling the likes of salt, pepper (black, white and red), onion salt, garlic granules, paprika, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley, chinese five spice, and whatever else you fancy on it.

Brine the whole lot, I like to pour buttermilk over drumsticks and leave for a while or overnight.

Stir it up again the next day, get the deep fryer on.

Make seasoned flour, just salt and pepper or go the whole hog again with heaps of spice.

Last time (this Saturday) I used Spelt flour and Polenta as that was what was in the press!

Dredge the chicken through the flour, or put all in a bag and shake it up.

Deep fry until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes at 170 for drumsticks.

Fry in batches so oil doesn't cool. Any bits getting soggy from sitting out get refloured before frying.

Leave them sit for ten minutes, or in a warm oven until bigger batches are done, before eating. Too hot and you taste nothing!

Crispy on the outside, moist in the middle...Armadilloes!

No, tasty chicken treats! ;)

Try rolling in flour and crushed Cornflakes as well! ;)

Advertisement