Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy internet on campus at nights?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi guys im staying in murville on campus and i was wondering what is the story with the internet? the internet itself is brilliant and high speed but after about 8 in the evenings bout wlan and eduroam become really slow for some reason. often theyll have 10 min patches of good speed (like now!) but i often find myself swapping between the two to get internet access. Any solutions?

On a side not; sometimes when i connect to wlan i get the message that i have a conflicting ip. what the hell does this mean?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Staying on campus myself (Glenomena) and don't notice it at all! Maybe it's because it's busier at that time of night?

I nearly always use Eduroam, it's just generally quicker (and less busy) than WaveLAN, but both of them are quite fast!

Advertisement