Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Rid Of Old Couch

Options
  • 09-10-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Is there any place around Town that takes old couches? The wooden frame in ours is fine and the cushions etc. are ok but it'd needs a bit of work. And we've just bought a new one as well.

It'd cost a few bob to take it to the dump, I'd imagine, so I'd be delighted to give it away for free if there was a place that would take it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Atlantic1 wrote: »
    Is there any place around Town that takes old couches? The wooden frame in ours is fine and the cushions etc. are ok but it'd needs a bit of work. And we've just bought a new one as well.

It'd cost a few bob to take it to the dump, I'd imagine, so I'd be delighted to give it away for free if there was a place that would take it.

You should join Freecycle - a great way of giving away unwanted items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

jumbletown.ie as well

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Diziet wrote: »
    You should join Freecycle - a great way of giving away unwanted items.
    mackg wrote: »
    jumbletown.ie as well

Thanks, guys. I just found the Jumbletown website.

Diziet, is Freecycle a similar set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Or try the 2nd hand store on Centre Park road if tis in good nick he will probably take it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I was in a similar situation a couple of months ago, I stuck an ad on donedeal and someone came along and took it away within a couple of days. Good timing for you too, now that the students are back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Atlantic1 wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. I just found the Jumbletown website.

Diziet, is Freecycle a similar set up?

Yep, very similar. There is a very large group in Cork.
    http://groups.freecycle.org/freecyclecork/description

Advertisement