Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Tying. Trout flies.

Options
  • 09-10-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Thinking of starting fly tying, are veniard paramount/pinnacle kits up to job..., complete beginner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Thinking of starting fly tying, are veniard paramount/pinnacle kits up to job..., complete beginner.
    Hi yes they are are as good as any really once you have vice bobbin holders and basic material you will always add to it ,I still add to my kit on a daily basis

• Registered Users Posts: 45 finlayspub1

yea the veniard kit is not bad at all , go to the glasgow angling centre website and request a fly tying catalogue , its free , all their products are excellent and they provide an excellent service .
    Iv used them loads of times and im speaking from personal experience

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

When I began tying it appeared logical that a beginners kit was the way to go. I actually bought a turrell kit. All I have to say is what a waste of money:(. Looking back now, all I got was crap that I never used, a lousy lever vice that broke after very little use and a few cock capes and packets of feathers that were of such poor quality that they were infact useless.
    The best advice I can give you is to try get to know someone who has been tying for a while and get as much tips from them as you can. Btw, the galway flyfishing fair is coming up in November and another fishing fair is coming up in Dublin soon after. If I were you i'd be taking my money there and looking for quality goods. I picked up the best quality vice i've ever owned for €20 at the fair in Dublin last year.

Advertisement