Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkie Talkie transmissions to Radio?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes!

Is it possible to pick up standard walkie talkie (Motorola t4512) transmissions on a radio from a short distance away (e.g. different rooms in the same house) The sound wouldn't have to be perfect quality or anything, I'm just wondering what is the cheapest, most simple way to transmit a short series of sounds on a loop to a radio. It's not for a pirate radio station either, it's for an art exhibition!

Also- would the radio have to be shortwave?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Use another similar walkie talkie?

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Maybe Hobby radio would be better suited to answer your question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

neemo3000 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes!

Is it possible to pick up standard walkie talkie (Motorola t4512) transmissions on a radio from a short distance away (e.g. different rooms in the same house) The sound wouldn't have to be perfect quality or anything, I'm just wondering what is the cheapest, most simple way to transmit a short series of sounds on a loop to a radio. It's not for a pirate radio station either, it's for an art exhibition!

Also- would the radio have to be shortwave?

Thanks!

Not onto a standard FM radio receiver. What could be a solution for you is to use one of those little FM transmitters that people use for their MP3 players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 neemo3000

Cool, thanks- I'll do some experiments!

Advertisement