Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facebook wall help

• 09-10-2011 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

how do you prevent an individual person from posting on your wall (but still allow them to see your wall)

rather than making it an all inclusive thing (either everyone can post or none can post)

i know it can be done cause a friend did it to me recently, but i cant figure out how to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

Click the arrow beside home, click privacy settings, click block people and apps, in the first line it talks about your restricted list, click edit list and off you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is this for a Page or a personal Profile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

personal profile

ben moore, restricted list appears to block my wall from that person completely.
    i only want to prevent them from being able to post on my wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

So far as I can see that functionality doesn't exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

how do you prevent an individual person from posting on your wall (but still allow them to see your wall)

rather than making it an all inclusive thing (either everyone can post or none can post)

i know it can be done cause a friend did it to me recently, but i cant figure out how to do it.

Are you doing this to the same person that did it to you? If you don't want someone posting on your wall would you not be better off just unfriending them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

Hmmm... might this help?

https://www.facebook.com/about/control

Advertisement