Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkie Talkie transmissions to Radio?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Quick question!

Is it possible to pick up standard walkie talkie (Motorola t4512) transmissions on a radio from a short distance away (e.g. different rooms in the same house) The sound wouldn't have to be perfect quality or anything, I'm just wondering what is the cheapest, most simple way to transmit a short series of sounds on a loop to a radio. It's not for a pirate radio station either, it's for an art exhibition!

Also- would the radio have to be shortwave?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The RF Tech Guy

It is possible.

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Without modifying the radio (by which I assume you mean a standard, broadcast receiver), this will niot be achievable.
    Could you not just use 2 PMR radios, such as the Motorola you mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

neemo3000 wrote: »
    the cheapest, most simple way to transmit a short series of sounds on a loop to a radio. !

One of those cheap ("MP3") FM transmitter things ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pauldublinrock

look at the Argos catalogue ; the half page on "walkie-talkies". Buy a pair of the cheapest !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

neemo3000 wrote: »
    Quick question!

Is it possible to pick up standard walkie talkie (Motorola t4512) transmissions on a radio from a short distance away (e.g. different rooms in the same house) The sound wouldn't have to be perfect quality or anything, I'm just wondering what is the cheapest, most simple way to transmit a short series of sounds on a loop to a radio. It's not for a pirate radio station either, it's for an art exhibition!

Also- would the radio have to be shortwave?

Thanks!

A baby monitor might be the solution.

As per http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=tomy+baby+monitor&_sacat=See-All-Categories :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement