Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD doctor

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

4 questions..

1) do I need to pay in cash then and there or can it be charged to my UCD account?
    2) How much is it?
    3) Can I just walk in or is it best to make an appointment?
    4) Where abouts on campus is it?

Thanks...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AodhDub

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    4 questions..

1) do I need to pay in cash then and there or can it be charged to my UCD account?
    2) How much is it?
    3) Can I just walk in or is it best to make an appointment?
    4) Where abouts on campus is it?

Thanks...:)

1) It is charged to your account.
    2) €25 usually.
    3) You can walk in but unlikely you'll get seen to by a doctor there and then. Appointment is the best way to go.
    4) Upstairs in the Student Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

1) Thank you
    2) Thank you
    3) Thank you
    4) Thank you

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Breadcrusts

It's 25e for a doctor or 15e for a nurse.
    Unbelievably good value in comparison to other GPs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

is there a physio in the student centre as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Unfortunately not. There used to be one in the sports centre but they shut down. -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

They are pretty good at getting you to see a nurse if you just walk in.

I took a sudden sickly spell whilst in college one day, friends brought me to the Surgery. Saw a nurse in about 30 minutes. Great service they have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

its only €10 to go the nurse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

If you can't get an appointment soon enough in UCD, there's a brilliant doctor in Donnybrook on the Morehampton Road- charged only 30e (ask beforehand) and he was a lovely guy. There is also a brilliant female doctor available. I've always found them a lot more flexible than the doctors in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

would anyone know if I can get a full blood test done in the gp in ucd or would I have to go to an outside gp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

would anyone know if I can get a full blood test done in the gp in ucd or would I have to go to an outside gp?

I used to regulary get blood-tests done in Vincents Hospital at around 8am in the morning, excellent service. Not sure do you need a referral from a GP or if you jsut turn up though, it's been 4 or 5 years since I attended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

I used to regulary get blood-tests done in Vincents Hospital at around 8am in the morning, excellent service. Not sure do you need a referral from a GP or if you jsut turn up though, it's been 4 or 5 years since I attended.

I think you need the referral, I know someone who needed them and was just send by the gp no note or anything and they wouldn't do the blood test.

Advertisement