Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc Error?

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

I traded in my Res E 5 the other day and bought the Godl Edition of it instead. So I downloaded what needed downloading, installed the game, and finally got around to firing it up today. For some reason when I try to play Mercenaries Reunion or check out some of the "figures", it tells me I'm having disc problems and sends me back to the dashboard.

Could this really be a disc error if the game is installed? Also, it was bought new, so the disc looks to be in perfect nick. And suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Uninstall the game again and then clear the cache on the HDD. To clear the cache, just do a google search, plenty of walkthroughs out there. Can't quite remember how to do it myself and am to tired to look it up for you ;)

Should solve your problem, if not, post back here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hmmm, never even heard of clearing the cache before. I've already unintalled and re-installed it to no avail. I'm not willing to lose all my previous saves (upgrades, weapons, scores and the likes) from my last edition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

I'm not willing to lose all my previous saves (upgrades, weapons, scores and the likes) from my last edition though.

Clearing the cache does not delete saves/saved games. It clears information the system uses on a daily basis that may have become corrupted and does not affect your games or settings. It basically performs system maintenance. If you go to systems settings -> Memory -> Highlight your HDD and press "Y" and select clear system cache.

fishsticks wrote: »
    Clearing the cache does not delete saves/saved games. It clears information the system uses on a daily basis that may have become corrupted and does not affect your games or settings. It basically performs system maintenance. If you go to systems settings -> Memory -> Highlight your HDD and press "Y" and select clear system cache.

Excellent stuff (I spent waaaaaaaaay too many hours on that game to risk losing anything). I'll give that a try and report back.

Thanks, lads.

Cache cleared, but no cigar. Still getting the same message when I try to play Mercs Reunion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

fishsticks wrote: »

YES!!
    Job done. Thanks a ton for the info, man. I really appraciate it. You're a life saver.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement