Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More DHL Woes

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hello all,

I recently bought some stuff on StewMac for a woodwork L.C project. Chose express delivery. (shipped 22/9)

Long story short, they attempted delivery on the 26 & 27/9 but I wasn't there.
    I got one missed call on my phone, but couldn't check my voicemail (no credit.. cheers tesco mobile)

Anyway, tracking it on their website, the last entry says "attempted..yadayada"

Will I lose this package? I mean, are they gonna ship it back to the US or something? It's been over 7 days, & I read they keep it at the depot for up to 7 days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need to ask DHL this. No one else can tell you what they will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

I know.... I plan to ring them tomorrow. Just kicking myself for not doing it sooner! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Why is the title "More DHL woes?"

DHL have done absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever here.

They tried to deliver - no-one was there to take delivery. They even tried to call you, but you didn't answer and then blame "tesco" because YOU did not have credit.

A little bit of personal responsibility will help you a lot in life.

You're on the internet, key in dhl dublin, RING them and they'll organise re-delivery. If you don't contact them, they will do nothing as they have so far tried their best to deliver to you.

If you don't contact them within 3 / 4 days, the parcel is returend as undeliverable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Why didn't you get it delivered to school? After all it is school related

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Thanks for the responses.

It would be easier to get it delivered to the school, but there's stuff in it I need at home, & carrying a 4x3ft box home on a bike isn't very practical.

And the title? Well...
    It is another thread about DHL.. "more"
    Woe generally means distress, or trouble. I have an issue with my order, yes. I never blamed DHL for that, I arsed it up myself!
    DHL were very good, actually, when I called them. All is good..

I appreciate the advice on taking responsibility. I do need to take more.

All is ok, so /thread I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement