Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMING PC BUILD

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Trying to come up with a good gaming PC for a budget of around 900 euro give or take but since i'm not too experienced would love some help!
    If i missed out on something or parts are not compatible please let me now.

Here's what I've come up with so far....

Antec 900 Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case (Black) €97.57
    Corsair 750W Enthusiast Series TX750 Modular Power Supply €103.14
    ASRock Z68 Pro 3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 DDR3 ATX €114.18
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz LGA1155 6MB €191.53
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 XMP €51.88
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 850MHz 1GB PCI-Express 2.0 x16 HDMI SuperClocked €162.47
    Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA-600 7200RPM 32MB €51.47
    Sony 24x DVD-RW/RAM SATA Black LightScribe Drive €21.47
    Asus 21.5" VH222D Widescreen 5ms Response with VGA LCD €110.99
    Logitech MK 120 Keyboard & Mouse €15.37
    Microsoft Windows Home Premium 7 SP1 32-bit EN 1pk OEI OEM DVD €87.61

Could probably do with shaving the price down a little bit for some things:)
    This comes to €1,007.68

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Don't have the time to give you a proper build, but to save money you should:

-Get a much cheaper case. The antec 900 is expensive and dated, there are cheaper better cases around such as the CM 690 II.

-Get a cheaper PSU, 550W is plenty for a single 560. I'd say one of the XFX Core 550W or SuperFlower Amazon 550W.

-Get the P67 instead of the Z68 unless you need quicksync.

-Get a cheap 1333 CL9 RAM kit, it will be just as good and won't have ridiculously irritating headspreaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Where are you buying these?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Swap that windows for 64-bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 defomaybe

Monotype wrote: »
    Where are you buying these?
    Dabs.ie....Any other good Irish sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Dabs.ie isn't Irish; they're a UK company. As far as I know, the only good one is Komplett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Komplett aren't Irish either but they do employ people and have a warehouse so have a much more local presence than companies such a dabs.
    You would be paying Irish tax with dabs though, if that's a factor.
    Dabs has had a pretty bad name lately (although I've used them 4 or 5 times with only one, quickly fixed problem) with slow deliveries and poor contact. Their prices can be good but I think that they keep next to nothing in stock so that they can get the latest prices (hence prices jump around regularly).

The next big Irish one I know of is elara.ie. They've got good customer service but their prices are steep so are best for just a few items rather than whole builds.
    There's also memoryc.com (AKA Go Beyond and shop4memory) who have headquarters in Kildare. If you were to go with komplett for a build, I recommend getting your memory from here as they usually have very competitive prices and good service (+ both komplett and memoryc have free delivery).

If you would be just as happy ordering outside Ireland, the cheapest are hardwareversand.de in Germany and scan.co.uk

Advertisement