Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I delete my account?

Options
  • 10-10-2011 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I set up this account 2 years ago and I am no longer a "Freaked out LC Student".
    I would like to set up a new one with a new name!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Subscribe and change your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marlbro

Don't you have to pay for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

I set up this account 2 years ago and I am no longer a "Freaked out LC Student".

You send an email requesting it to

hello@boards.ie

takes up to a week,you lose ability to access the old account but you can download PM's before it is closed.
    one suggestion if you go through with it is to bookmark one of your posts or remember a friends name it is a shortcut to all your old posts when you were a Freaked out Student:)

you can set up another account even before the old one is closed so long as it not used to circumvent a ban.
    The new account will require a new email address

many people do it just because their life has moved on,or for instance an ex or family member know their user name and that no longer suits.
    best of luck in your new persona :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Marlbro wrote: »
    Don't you have to pay for that?
    I see you chose the 'just re-register' option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

seanybiker wrote: »
    Subscribe and change your name.

it is open to all users to do so including non subscribers but remember boards will still know who you are by your main ip address and other members will know you by your interests and style of posting,it is not really worth it unless you really really want/need to do it:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement