Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband providers donegal town

Options
  • 10-10-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Iwas wondering if anyone knew of broadband providers that service donegal town. I been looking around and see alot of providers do not service the area. I wonder which works best in the area.
    Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭billgates

There should be quite a few providers (both mobile and fixed) provided you are within an acceptable distance from the town itself, Vodafone (landline and fixed), Eircom, O2(mobile) etc.

I was on an 8 Meg package in the town for a couple of years with Eircom and never had a days bother with it, great speeds and consistent service, no downtime.

I've been on a 24 Meg package with Eircom in a different location for last 12 months, and again, no problems whatsoever, getting full 24 Meg too, but I am very close to the exchange.

Word of warning, steer clear of 3 mobile broadband if you can, had some nightmares with them, even in the middle of Donegal Town the service was a complete joke, inconsistent speeds and service was always down. I found that with most of the mobile providers (although Vodafone were ok), so would recommend you go with fixed broadband if you can at all, some cheap packages out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

If you go the mobile broadband route it entirely depends on your area and coverage. I am on o2 in Letterkenny and it works the best here but had 3 before here and it was rubbish. If you want to try this option you can return if not satisfied within a certain timeframe which is handy for checking it out.

On landline you should be able to get eircom, smart, digiweb or any of the major providers in Donegal town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I'm in Donegal Town and with 02 mobile broadband for the last 4 years. 15gb a month for 19.99. While not super fast it's fine for everyday browsing. Can get a little slow in the evenings as more log on but I have never had any major problems with them. I'm about 2km from the diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

irish1967 wrote: »
    I'm in Donegal Town and with 02 mobile broadband for the last 4 years. 15gb a month for 19.99. While not super fast it's fine for everyday browsing. Can get a little slow in the evenings as more log on but I have never had any major problems with them. I'm about 2km from the diamond.

I'm on the same and also when you sign up for the 15gb for €20 deal you get the usb modem for free. Good enough value deal I think providing the coverage is ok in your area.

Advertisement