Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband cancellation

• 10-10-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭

Hello

I installed UPC fibre power3ed broadband on the 26th September and since that date I have had nothin but hassle, technicians out, on the phone to them almost every day, etc etc etc.

Its not 2 weeks since I got the broadband and even after all the calls and stuff, its still not working.

I have spent so much time on this that Im sick of it, was supposed to work from home at the weekend to get work done and had to drive teh whole way to the office so im really just pi$$ed off at this stage

Regarding cancellling, anyone know if they will ask me to pay the cancellation fee ??

" A cancellation fee will apply should you cancel your service during the first twelve months."

Now I know the above says that and I have to be with them twelve months but I doubt this will apply if they install something and you want to cancel it cause it doesnt work ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it doesn't work, and they are unable to fix it, then they should let you cancel with no fee. You do need to give them ample opportunity to get it working, which it sounds like you're doing, so that's good. Give them a call and tell them to either have it working perfectly by the end of the week or you're cancelling it. See what they say.

If they give you any guff about the cancellation fee then just point out that the contract also states that they will provide a broadband service, which they are failing to do. The contract is therefore void.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭obi604

thanks jor el,

So rang UPC and they said that because of all the issues with the broadband I could cancel without incurring the cancellation fee and breaking the 12 month contract

Now I have another problem, when I ordered this broadband from UPC, it worked out cheaper to order the broadband AND the phone package so naturally I went for that ................. so now my landline number is ported to UPC ( even though I never use the phone landline but just did it as worked out cheaper )

BUT

in order the cancel the landline ( as thats seperate to the fibre powered broadband ) that I would incur the cancellation fee............shower of ****

If I was to go back to my old provider I would need the landline ported to the old provider from UPC in order for the broadband to work again over a DSL line, would the porting of the landline number from UPC to Vodafone be seen as a cancealltion of the landline number with UPC ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

UPC's phone service works over the broadband. No broadband = no phone. There should be no charge here either, as it can't work without the broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭obi604

jor el wrote: »
    UPC's phone service works over the broadband. No broadband = no phone. There should be no charge here either, as it can't work without the broadband.

Thanks again Jor el
    I just read the conditions again. The

" A cancellation fee will apply should you cancel your service during the first twelve months."

only applies to the broadband service

Does not say anything in the conditions about phone cancellation, so that spoofer on the phone in customer loyalty was talkin ****e when she said it would be an extra 100 euro to cancel the phone service

According to UPC website

"The UPC Home Phone service is provided on an IP protocol which depends on access to an electrical supply."

Advertisement