Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoves

Options
  • 10-10-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Anyone bought a stove recently ??

Looking to get one installed but not sure where is good around Laois.

I'm looking for someone to call out to my house and tell me what is the best stove for my house !!

Anyone with any recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hi OP.

It depends whether you need a basic stove OR one with back boiler.
    If basic,take the dimensions of the room it's for and head to either Gings or Telfords and they'll advise.

If back boiler, count the radiators in your house,all double rads count as 2, take dimensions of room, and head into Donoghue's Plumbing centre Portlaoise - he is great for giving practical advice on plumbing solutions.

We bought ours in Telfords 2 years ago and husband(who's neither a plumber nor builder) put it in himself, and it's the best thing we've done since we moved in.
    If you don't fancy doing it yourself,I'm sure the Donoghue man can recommend someone.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I'd recommend talking to Donoghue's as well, he's a mine of information.

Advertisement