Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to paint exterior of house

• 10-10-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi I'm thinking of painting the exterior of my house which is a standard 3 bed semi-d in northside Dublin. I'm just wondering though is it getting too late for it now seeing as it's getting colder and will probably be raining quite a bit. Would I be better leaving it until the Spring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

Well it says on the tub 4-6 hours at temperatures above 10 deg. and outside of damp or humid conditions.
    On the other hand I would have thought a breezy day and whether you're facing South or not would come into it too.
    I managed to paint the (sun facing) front of my house in the middle of last winter's big freeze by doing a bit at a time but I don't know if I sacrificed the length of time it will last for the convenience of getting the job done when I wanted to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bazmak

10am to 3pm is best ,pref not raining for 24hours though so id leave it for a week or two until weather drys up a little :)

Advertisement