Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting advice needed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Posting in Ah looking for serious replies?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

40 min on the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I can tell you that the train journey will take you 60 mins or thereabouts. The train from Sligo will get you there quicker. There are 3 trains available to get you to Connolly before 9am at 06:40, 07:14 & 07:45. Trains back in the evening are at 17:05, 17:15, 18:05, 18:18.

Bus is also an option but not sure about the times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

kaza2710 wrote: »
    I am looking at buying a house

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

43 minutes according to the google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I am looking at buying a house in Enfield and I was hoping to get an idea on what the commute to the city centre is like?

Kinda depends on which city centre you're commuting to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Kinda depends on which city centre you're commuting to.

It's pretty obvious she/he's talking about Ulaanbaatar :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

COYW wrote: »
    I can tell you that the train journey will take you 60 mins or thereabouts. The train from Sligo will get you there quicker. There are 3 trains available to get you to Connolly before 9am at 06:40, 07:14 & 07:45. Trains back in the evening are at 17:05, 17:15, 18:05, 18:18.

Bus is also an option but not sure about the times etc.

That's brilliant thanks for this. Have heard through the grapevine there are a number of private buses that run during commuter hours into the city centre but I can't find much about them just by googling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

That's brilliant thanks for this. Have heard through the grapevine there are a number of private buses that run during commuter hours into the city centre but I can't find much about them just by googling

If you type lemon party into google then click the link, it should point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bus eireann are the ones i get, Kearns is the private one
    http://www.kearnstransport.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

bluewolf wrote: »

I get the Kearns 10-journey ticket for €30. you dont have to use it all in the
    one week either. The only catch is the last bus departs Dublin at 615pm.
    The first one in the morning is 640am and gets into O'Connell Bridge about 720.
    There's also a 710am bus, both of which are missing from the online timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

were the fook is Enfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

cosmicfart wrote: »
    were the fook is Enfield?

It's about 43 minutes outside of Whichtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Ah thats right beside Whoresville yeah?

bluewolf wrote: »

Thanks for this, will compare it to the bus eirean one as well. It's good that there seems to be enough of a selection of options.

thee glitz wrote: »
    I get the Kearns 10-journey ticket for €30. you dont have to use it all in the
    one week either. The only catch is the last bus departs Dublin at 615pm.
    The first one in the morning is 640am and gets into O'Connell Bridge about 720.
    There's also a 710am bus, both of which are missing from the online timetable.

10-journey ticket for €30 seems very reasonable. Bit crappy with the time on the last bus but then again not the end of the world since if you miss it there is always bus eireann, the train to enfield or even the train to maynooth and getting lifted there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I am looking at buying a house in Enfield and I was hoping to get an idea on what the commute to the city centre is like

The OP thinks Enfield is a city :eek:

And heres me thinking the inhabitants of Sligo were delusional :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Got Kearns when I was going to college at weekends. Legend service that when a bus is full, will send another bus to pick up anyone else left at the stops unlike Bus Eireann at the time anyway.

It was also as cheap without student ticket as Bus Eireann was with one and it will stop to drop you off somewhere if you ask the driver and is usually closer to being on time though still late.

I don't think the train will get you from Enfield to CC in an hour, check Irish Rail's website, fairly accurate on times when I use it. Takes about an hour from Maynooth unless it is an express train.

I don't know about driving but 40 minutes might get you to CC but probably not to where you want to go in the CC.

My honest opinion would be to try to buy in Kilcock as it served by Dublin Bus too leaving you with extra options but not sure Kearns still drive through there unless someone wants to get off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement