Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Find Sports Leagues?

Options
  • 10-10-2011 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm new to Dublin and was hoping someone could help me. I'm looking for a football/soccer/rugby team. As an American, I'm sure I'm terrible but I'd like to learn.

Are there websites for leagues with information about this stuff? Is there a better place to ask. I tried to Google but I didn't have much luck. Or do all of these stop in the winter?

EDIT: I'm on Upper Leeson Street near the R111; Northwest of Herbert Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Robdude wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm new to Dublin and was hoping someone could help me. I'm looking for a football/soccer/rugby team. As an American, I'm sure I'm terrible but I'd like to learn.

Are there websites for leagues with information about this stuff? Is there a better place to ask. I tried to Google but I didn't have much luck. Or do all of these stop in the winter?

Where you living mate (so folk can tell you what local teams/activities are in your area)?

I'm sure any team would be delighted to have a new fella...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Where you living mate (so folk can tell you what local teams/activities are in your area)?

I'm sure any team would be delighted to have a new fella...

Sorry, excellent point. I forget how big Dublin is. I'm near Upper Lesson Street/R111 - Northwest of Herbert Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

There is a pretty good American football league in Ireland too, with a few Dublin teams.

www.americanfootball.ie

Advertisement