Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churches in broadcast VHF spectrum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭now radio soldier

I do know the freq in which he was broadcasting,i checked and drove around too fing out if he was interfering with anyone else north and south,i used the proper equipment too check.also suggested too him and the town in which i live too go for a community licence,and thats where i left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You have a 15m telescopic mast so at any location you can simulate roof height reception?

How do you know you drove far enough away?

You entered the location, power, aerial height and type, frequency into a Modelling system and plotted the signal coverage also?

All irrelevant anyway.

IMO an illegal TX simply gets a phone call to Comreg. Zero support. Because that labels you as someone assisting in Criminal act, thus a criminal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

What freq is he tx'ing on?

While personally I think its a bit far to label you a criminal I understand where watty is coming from
    Irresponsible yes
    My belief was its only the person operating the equiptment who is breaking the law,
    That leads to another question of a civil case if the priest get prosecuted could he take action against you for setting up his shack to opertate on an illegal freq, remember ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

watty wrote: »
    He's talking about two different licences.
    One needs money & politics and is for a certain time span (and must use approved equipment) and the other needs a small amount of study and lasts for life (but can use "home brew" gear).

But you knew that. :)

And I too hope he knew that.
    If he didn't then like other displays on here, those who do know the
    difference will end up having to step-in and say something before the
    problem gets out of hand or wait until the problem does get out of hand
    and then step-in to clean up the mess afterwards.

If you step-in before - you are labelled a busy-body nosey-nosey.
    If you step-in afterwards - you will be given-out to for not saying something before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Theres a "station" on 105.0 MHz in Co Mayo which regularly blocks out 4FM on 104.9 (weak but auidable) :mad:

Typically for one of these outfits the audio levels on 105 are all over the shop to the extent that its difficult to imagne many people among its intended audience being able to listen for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Which is similar to a problem I had here years ago
    A guy was tx'ing from his garden shed on 103mhz
    That cut out a great rock and roll show on 102.2 mhz back in the day : )
    after finding the offending station (wasnt hard anywhere within 200 meteres of this clown and every station was cut out and he was in the middle of an estate.
    Que a 5 min call to comreg and a few days later wolla easy listening once again.

Its only when you have been a victim of this kind of stuff do you realise the potential to ruin a lot of peoples civil liberties, businesses and reputations that can be involved by one illegal and or uneducated act.

Advertisement