Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very short term accomodation!

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

The girlfriend got offered a three day working trial in Galway, and we're trying to find somewhere reasonable to stay for four days without forking out for B&B/Hotels. She just needs something for this week until we can find something more long term, but funds are tight at the moment. Just wondering does anyone have any useful suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.hostelworld.com

I stayed in Kinlay House for a few weeks after I'd started working a few years ago. Thought it would be impossible to manage the lifestyle + getting up for work. But I found that there were actually a whole lot of other people showing up for breakfast at 7:30am too ... all heading out to work for the day, many only working part-weeks here etc.

Let the staff know that you're in town for work, and maybe they'll try to put you in a room with other non-late-night-party types. (No promises, mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mcmurphy995

Did your girlfriend get sorted ??

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

look up the holiday hotel in salthill and ask for peter,nice guy,decent spot and good rates,they'll be willing to cut you a deal as quiet in salthill this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

Thanks to all who replied. Yeah, we managed a combination of the travel lodge for the nights I was up and hostel for rest. If I was more organized, I saw that there was short term letting available that would have worked out a bit cheaper for the week, but hey live'n learn. Cheers again everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement