Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New book out on Reinhard Heydrich by UCD Professor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Hi Preusse - any chance you could get hold of a signed copy ?
    (If so can pay and collect whenever suits).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

does he introduce anything new about Heydrich?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Morlar wrote: »
    Hi Preusse - any chance you could get hold of a signed copy ?
    (If so can pay and collect whenever suits).

I can try. Won't be around UCD for the next 9 days or so though.
    Fuinseog wrote: »
    does he introduce anything new about Heydrich?

No idea, haven't bought a copy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jim S

Morlar sent me a link to this thread and the book , after listening to the radio interview , ordered a copy via Amazon.
    I can't say why but I find Heydrich an interesting man within the SS and NSDAP
    hierarchy, he was a man of some courage he was a formidable individual, cultured and talented but a man who became a murderer.
    (Had he stood in the dock I wonder how he would have defended himself).

Another book which I would recommend "The Mirror Caught The Sun- Operation Anthropoid 1942" by John Martin.
    John ( by profession) is a comedian who as a result of his research had writing now does guided tours to Prague in relation to Heydrich , his "career" as "Reichsprotektor" and assassination and the aftermath.

A Facebook page for the author and book can be found via this link.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/218429970493/

If you scroll down the page you will see John with Heider Heydrich , they have become quite good friends.

That was a very good interview , well worth listening to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jim S

I have bought a copy via Amazon , it arrived on Saturday am .
    Have made a start on it such as time has allowed and well into the second chapter I must say it reads very well.
    The author has certain done a major research job from all sources and when he said a scholarly book , well he produced one and one which is not dry and lacking soul - it is both informative and well written.

The publisher has done a good job , good quality materials very well put together good binding , easy on the eye font ( this is important ! :) ).

One to drop hints for in the run in towards the dreaded commercial enterprise which is bearing down on us . ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Preusse wrote: »

No idea, haven't bought a copy yet.

Echo that preusse. If you could get a signed copy, it would be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Echo that preusse. If you could get a signed copy, it would be fantastic.

Got a signed copy for Morlar. The Campus Bookshop had them but I am not sure they have any left as this seemed to have been the last signed one. Give them a quick call and see if they get more signed: http://www.campusbookshopucd.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I came across the German translation and it did not seem terribly impressive. The same old photos and unless I am mistaken there are already a number of biorgraphies out on the man already, most notably one by Werner Masser who interviewed his widow.

Advertisement