Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapsed Domain Name Expiry

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:27pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭

Been watching a .com domain name for the last month.
    It expired on 14th of last month, and is awaiting renewal or deletion.

Just wondering do you know guys how long it takes to be deleted?
    Is the time period one month from expiry?

I'll have more questions for you, but just wanted to get a quick answer on this.

Cheers,

wix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Blacknight wrote: »

Ah, interesting, so it's a little longer than I expected.

Thanks a million for that.

Also, just two more brief ones, which might be a little stupid on my part!

Firstly, do you offer any deals, should I register three domain names at the same time for example?

Also secondly, and this is a real novice question, if I bought a domain, and simply wanted to install wordpress, would I need to pay for hosting?

Our current discounts and offers are listed on http://domainoffers.me
    We offer very competitive pricing

If you want to run Wordpress you need hosting

Our current discounts and offers are listed on http://domainoffers.me
    We offer very competitive pricing

If you want to run Wordpress you need hosting

Ah ok thanks, I presume the Windows 2008 Minimus would be the best option for hosting would it?

Have you any guide on how to go about setting up a wordpress site with you guys as all?

Cheers,
    wix

You can choose between Windows and Linux hosting accounts.

There's an auto-installer available or you can install it manually

• Advertisement

I've registered a domain, and having discussed with two customer service agents yesterday, I'm still having issues installing a wordpress blog on my homepage.

Both have talked about installing a PHP redirect in the root file, and I've no idea how to do this, as a non techie!

Is there a simply easy way to just install a wordpress blog on my homepage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

wixfjord wrote: »
    I've registered a domain, and having discussed with two customer service agents yesterday, I'm still having issues installing a wordpress blog on my homepage.

Both have talked about installing a PHP redirect in the root file, and I've no idea how to do this, as a non techie!

Is there a simply easy way to just install a wordpress blog on my homepage??

Did you go through the blacknight online tutorials ? I found them very helpful when I started my page, that may be worth checking until the rep responds.

Morlar wrote: »
    Did you go through the blacknight online tutorials ? I found them very helpful when I started my page, that may be worth checking until the rep responds.

I have yes, but I'm as I say, I'm not technically minded at all, and the auto install won't let you install wordpress onto your home page, just to a nominated domain URL, so I need to use a PHP redirect it seems.

The simplest way to install it in your "root" is to install it manually.

Just create a blank database via your control panel.
    Upload the wordpress installation files and follow the instructions :)

Sorted cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

You can choose between Windows and Linux hosting accounts.

There's an auto-installer available or you can install it manually

What about Mac?

Condatis wrote: »
    What about Mac?

We don't offer OSX based hosting, but if you're using a Mac on your desktop it won't matter (I do :) ) - you can use either Linux or Windows for your website hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I vote Linux!

I forget why though. There was something I needed to do on a clients website and for some reason I couldn't do it because the hosting was Windows.

condra wrote: »
    I vote Linux!

I forget why though. There was something I needed to do on a clients website and for some reason I couldn't do it because the hosting was Windows.

Possibly mod_rewrite or something to do with file permissions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Possibly mod_rewrite or something to do with file permissions?

I think it was something to do with setting up a database/email/WP.:confused:

Anyway. VOTE LINUX! :P

Advertisement