Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam comp on ul computers?

Options
  • 10-10-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I was just in one of the comp labs and a message popped up when I opened Internet explorer stating somethin along the lines of , you've just won ul campus competition, enter you're contact info for your prize. I obviously closed it as it sounded like a scam but I was just wondering is this common as it seemed unusual that it's on ul computers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Did it pop up in a web browser?
    Did it pop up as a dialogue that said "messenger service" in the top left corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

get a screen shot pls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Probably a bit like the "bomb in the room" thing that happened once or twice last year

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

No screen shot I'm afraid but I'll be back in there again and will try the same comp again and get one :-)

Advertisement