Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newcastle away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

1-2, Ade with the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Very lax match so far. Typical Sunday game. Anyone's to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

THFC wrote: »
    Very lax match so far. Typical Sunday game. Anyone's to win.

Terrible game and king off

Where is gallas and Lennon , our squad is in bits

Really hope that's not serious with King.. He's been immense as usual this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Gutted for King.

Were a different side without him , Bassong fills me with fear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

great peno from vdv

Blow it up ref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

id take 1-0 all day long in this game.its going to be a tough 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

THFC wrote: »

Thanks for that one chief! I was watching it on first row sports and it was wrecking my head.. seemed to be very jumpy an not that clear, this one seems better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Shocking defending!

Balfie wrote: »
    Shocking defending!
    What a goal from Defoe. Top class stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I don't like Defoe but i'll name my first born after him now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

FFS good strike

2-1 up adebayor all he had to do was roll JD in but no:(

FFS good strike

Great 2nd half. Parker and kaboul were immense. Livermore and bassong were woeful as usual .

In big trouble at CB now if king is out.

Livermore didn't bother challenging for the header which led to the equaliser and he can't pass at all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What was the score? Stupid internet not working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

personally i dont think newcastle deserved to lose that match but we had it won and threw it away i feel.

bale was non existant. dont get this starting him on the right.

enjoyable game but i always felt they were more likey to get that all important 4th goal.

anyone else think defoe was lucky near the end?? he looked like he kicked out after the ball had went but the ref had already looked away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Kiith wrote: »
    What was the score? Stupid internet not working!
    2all van der vaart with a pen and defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

2pts dropped,should have made it 3 -1 if Adebeyor passed to defoe,need sandro and king back.bale was terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

We really should have taken Adebayor off earlier and put one of Townsend, Rose or Gio on to help out in midfield. Again Redknapp only making reactionary substitutions!

Bassong is awful, no confidence, bad passing and poor decision making. I'd rather see Parker or Sandro at CB.

Still 6th with a game in hand, COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, whats the story with all the livermore bashing and someone saying our sqaud is in bits ?:rolleyes:?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Did not get to see the game but from what I see we should have held out for 3 points. Although to be fair, would have been happy enough with 1 point before the game. Not the end of the world, just a pity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tell you what lads, what a brilliant game of football particularly the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tell you what lads, what a brilliant game of football particularly the second half.
    Yeah,second half was very good to watch,we had chances to get a third goal but messed them all up.
    Cruel to see Ledders going off with that injured knee again,hope it's not to bad this time.

tippspur wrote: »
    Yeah,second half was very good to watch,we had chances to get a third goal but messed them all up.
    Cruel to see Ledders going off with that injured knee again,hope it's not to bad this time.

wasnt the knee , 'arry confirmed it was the groin:(

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads, whats the story with all the livermore bashing and someone saying our sqaud is in bits ?:rolleyes:?

Squad is in bits with injuries, particularly at cb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Not too dissapointed with the end result .. sure we should/could of got all 3 points but Newcastle will be a tough place to get points for a lot of teams .. they are very physical and we coped with it fairly well ... The injury to Ledley was a telling point for us and hopefully he won't be out for too long but we are losing CB's at a rate of knots..

Next 2 league games are Blackburn away and QPR at home ..2 very winnable games ... lets see how our injuries are in the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A lacklustre 1st half with neither keeper having to make a save, 2nd half was entertaining with both sides looking for the win. In the later stages Newcastle looked more likelier to pop up with the winner especially with the crowd behind them, and with King going off so early I’ll happily take the draw. Ameobi couldn’t hit a barn door, just our luck he was actually on target this time.

I thought Livermore turned in a good performance, his best so far in a Spurs shirt? Bale had a mare, he was barely in the game and constantly misplaced his passes. He should of started on the left attacking Simpson who’s very weak in my opinion. Several players just looked lethargic, international duty seems to take its toll.

Blackburn away next Sunday, I hate playing this type of opposition who we always seems to struggle against. If King is deemed un-fit and with Bassong his replacement, it leaves me feeling nervous.

• Advertisement

bassong was a bag of nerves - maybe a few games will calm him down

corluka may start ahead of him if he is back anyway

i wouldnt agree with your opinion on livermore - what did he actually do ?

misplaced passes - did a jenas for newcastles first goal (tracked the man back through midfield, then stopped dead and let the attacker ghost in for a tap in) , didnt challenge for the header for newcastles second goal and generally didnt do anything of benefit in my opinion

where is lennon?

Advertisement