Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newcastle away

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I thought Jake got stuck in and did an effective job of breaking up the play, can’t recall him giving the ball away like several Tottenham players did throughout the game, he won the ball from Cabaye which led to Adebayor's penalty. He’s only young, he’ll make mistakes but hopefully learn from them, unlike Jenas. I’d like to be proved wrong about Bassong, but the computer says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Was Bassong bought from Newcastle by any chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Bale is a strange one. His positional sense seems to be worsening, he just stands around when we have the ball until he gets it, and when we're defending he strolls back, never busting a gut.
    Everything he says leads me to believe he's a good kid, I think the coaching is poor. I've been saying this all season. Walker is another case in point. Bassong looked fine in his first season, and will now have to play for a while. Are Bond, Jordan, Sherwood, Ferdinand, Allen and co a card school or a coaching staff? I'm not sure.
    Having said that, morale is good, and the game yesterday was one we would have lost most seasons. Newcastle were up for it, and played bloody well, but we deserved a point, and could have got three. Ledley is a massive loss. We only conceded 2 goals in the four and a bit games he played.
    Modric was poor in the first half, or more to the point, he was peripheral out on the right. He has to be on the ball around the box. It can't be long before he gets the role behind the striker/front two. He was magic in the second half. All those who said we should sell for 40m, you just can't get players like him anywhere. Give him the contract, buy a striker at Christmas to back up Ade/VDV/Def, give Gio some game time, and the CL will be back at the lane next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Glebee wrote: »
    Was Bassong bought from Newcastle by any chance??

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Would prefer to but Cahill in january more so than a striker .. gallas mustnt be too far away from returning - see Woody didnt play for Stoke at the weekend .. injured !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anto12 wrote: »
    Would prefer to but Cahill in january more so than a striker .. gallas mustnt be too far away from returning - see Woody didnt play for Stoke at the weekend .. injured !!!

I think Cahill is extremely over rated. He's been caught out so many times in Bolton's defence.

He was linked with Arsenal and the English media made him out to be some sort of world beater. Very average defender and in my opinion, you can do so much better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    Squad is in bits with injuries, particularly at cb

No it's not. We have fit centre halves. It's struggling when you have to play 2 central midfielders there like united had to do last season at times.

Advertisement