Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Texts off old phone

Options
  • 10-10-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Something unfortunate happend last week to one of the lads on my team in work,
    I'm not going to go into details but we knew he had problems, but never to the degree we've found out about.

I need to get text messages off of my old phone dating back over the last two years as evidence to the investigation going on.

The phone in question is a Sony K800i, which without a valid sim card will not transfer data via usb,
    or go any furthur then the opening screen when turned on.

My current phone is a Sony Zylo which has a glitch whereby if the usb cable is attached
    and Sony PC Companion program is opened, it completley wipes all messages from the phones memory

I don't want to risk putting my current sim card back into the old phone in case the same happens and all messages are permanently erased from either phone

I was thinking of requesting a new sim from vodafone for a spare phone I have, putting this in the old phone.

But will the messages be available with a sim featuring a different number?

Has anyone been successful in getting a spare sim for their existing phone number?

I reckon that might work if it's possible to get one

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

If this is a criminal investigation, the networks will still have the messages too, and their records are more credible.

Alternatively, if you just want a record of the messages having been sent: shoot a video of you operating the phone and going through the messages (horrible for searching, but it provides a document of them existing).

Advertisement