Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manufacturing a remmy 700

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Aren't a lot of the components made in Serbia these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Aren't a lot of the components made in Serbia these days.

Don't think so , they seem to machining everything in that video and that factory is in america , they were importing rifles made by zastava and rebranding them as entry level or budget remingtons i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Those Remington 798s were absolute gems. Definitely one of the better kept secrets, shame they never caught on particularly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Rowa, that's great to see that they actually DO put a proof round through each gun - something that they have never admitted to when asked. I hafta say, though, that there is not a single sign or stamp on any Remington gun that I've ever seen that would lead you to believe that it ever took place. Hence the need, here in Yoorup, for another proofing under the rules of the CIP, with highly visible and dated stamps that it really DID happen. Proofing has to be seen to have been done, y'see.

Best

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

My Remmy has all sorts of little stamps on it.
    I'll have a closer look at them when I get a chance.
    edi

• Advertisement
Advertisement