Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Touch

Options
  • 10-10-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭

Is anyone attemtping to source one for xmas?

Looking online and it seems they won't be available here until the new year at the earliest. So options are eBay or order direct from the Amazon.com site and use a PO box forwarder like Bundlebox.

Total price would be about €180 with all taxes paid. Is it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm on the lookout for a Kindle myself but I'm not sure if I'll go for the Kindle touch. Does anyone know if the newest one is any good and worth it?

180 seems a bit pricey to me but I'm not really mad about touch screen anyway. Does it have 3G/Wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I paid €180 for a Kindle this summer, the 3G and Wifi version. Not touch screen though! Prices must have come down since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout for a Kindle myself but I'm not sure if I'll go for the Kindle touch. Does anyone know if the newest one is any good and worth it?

180 seems a bit pricey to me but I'm not really mad about touch screen anyway. Does it have 3G/Wifi?

There's a wifi version and a 3g/wifi version. The 3g version would be probably another €30-40.

The newest one, without the keyboard is about 100. But it has half the storage and half the battery life of the current keyboard models. I don't really see the point of it. Either get last years keyboard model or wait for the touch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

will the touch have 3g?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

will the touch have 3g?

A 3g is available in the US, so probably here as well when Touch becomes available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sounds good, this is the best model atm is it? when it comes out here that is
    http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-e-Reader-Touch-Screen-3G-Special-Offers/dp/B005890G8O/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_01_t_lh

sounds good, this is the best model atm is it? when it comes out here that is
    http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-e-Reader-Touch-Screen-3G-Special-Offers/dp/B005890G8O/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_01_t_lh

Yeah looks to be but the question is will they offer it at the reduced price with the 'special offers' reduction when it launches here, probably not imo.
    I'm not sure I even like the idea of being advertised at like that anyway

`dunno seems to be a screensaver or sth, so we wouldnt be looking at it?

`dunno seems to be a screensaver or sth, so we wouldnt be looking at it?

Yeah it would be some form of advertisment when turned off, replacing the default screensavers.

I like my custom screensavers so maybe if there was a hack down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I wouldn't get a touch screen kindle. Both my touch screen phone and my ipod touch didn't last more than a year so I'm weary of getting another touch screen device again. It's actual buttons for me from now on. icon14.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

I got my Kindle 3(wifi only) delivered yesterday. Bought it on eBay, cost €106 including p&p so a reasonable price. Absolutely great device :D

Advertisement