Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA question

• 10-10-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

This kind of ****e may have been asked before but im going to ask it anyway. Ive got a QCA of 3.13 and am in 4th year. What kind of results would i need to say get this over 3.5. Im a bit lost with all this stuff, also how is the FYP factored into the equation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

You need to know the weighting to your qca of your remaining modules and FYP.

Example: (I'm using random figures here) If your final year modules are worth 35% in total and your fyp is worth 15% then you have 50% of your degree left to complete (in terms of weighting). So:
    3.13(.5)+x(.5)=3.5
    1.565+.5x=3.5
    .5x=1.935
    x=3.87

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

Polar Ice wrote: »
    You need to know the weighting to your qca of your remaining modules and FYP.

Example: (I'm using random figures here) If your final year modules are worth 35% in total and your fyp is worth 15% then you have 50% of your degree left to complete (in terms of weighting). So:
    3.13(.5)+x(.5)=3.5
    1.565+.5x=3.5
    .5x=1.935
    x=3.87
    Thanks for your reply :) To be honest im still rather confused,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Translation:
    You need to find out the QCA weighting to the components of your degree you have yet to complete.

I know for LM050, If you were a 4th year, then you still have 50% of your QCA weighting to complete, but this can vary based on your course, or if you did erasmus, or your FYP, etc...

Advertisement