Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i need an eircom installion cd?

• 10-10-2011 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

hi guys im waiting for a new laptop to arrive and i want to have wireless bb on it,i has a wireless card and all so i know it will work but anyway, i realised today i dont have the eircom install cd that i needed with this computer im on right now. do laptops that have a windows 7 OS not need an install cd and just pick up the wireless signal and all i have to do then is just put in the ssid and all that and away i go? Or does the laptop need that cd

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Nothing ever needs that CD, and if you do find it throw it in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

jor el wrote: »
    Nothing ever needs that CD, and if you do find it throw it in the bin.

ill take that as not needing the CD thanks man:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

No, you don't need it.

When you get your new laptop, turn the wireless on and it should pick up your wireless network for which you will need the encryption key to connect to it.

Advertisement