Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 issue with Samsung Handsets and 3!

Options
  • 10-10-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I have a HUGE issue regarding the Samsung Omnia 7.... I found the groups hub attractive. (It had not been released when I bought my phone but was due in the impending Mango update!) I organise an event twice a week and found that the group hub was handy for texting people to see if they are available!

I am signed up to the 3 network in Ireland and am entitled to up to 600 texts. HOWEVER, I checked my usage there recently and found that i had used in excess of €10 after one week. From looking into it further, I found out that the majority of theses charges were as a result of Multimedia messages... But I never sent any multimedia messages. Looking into it further I found out that the group "Text" messages that I sent out were changed into Multi media messages. Not acceptable.

Something will have to be done about this. If I sign up for a contract, I expect what I signed up for, and I did not sign up to have my free text messages charged! And what complicates things further is that 3 are claiming that it is not their issue because it is a results of the actual phone settings.

I love my new Windows phone, I would have got a different make handset.

Samsung have to do something about this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

Aye my Omnia 7 did this last week on meteor. Luckily I only sent one message.

Did you force the mango update? I did, but apparently its a bit slower to roll out proper for the Omnia 7 and we should have waited for the scheduled update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

neaideabh wrote: »
    Something will have to be done about this. If I sign up for a contract, I expect what I signed up for, and I did not sign up to have my free text messages charged! And what complicates things further is that 3 are claiming that it is not their issue because it is a results of the actual phone settings.

3 are right - that's a setting on all Windows Phones, not just Samsung models.

You can change it by going into Settings, flicking left to Applications, tapping on Messaging and then turning Group Text off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

You can change it by going into Settings, flicking left to Applications, tapping on Messaging and then turning Group Text off. :)

Seriously??? Well, I actually did that but does that mean you can still send one to many and they go out as text messages, hence not being charged?
    fits wrote: »
    Aye my Omnia 7 did this last week on meteor. Luckily I only sent one message.

Did you force the mango update? I did, but apparently its a bit slower to roll out proper for the Omnia 7 and we should have waited for the scheduled update.

Didn't force my update, luckily it automatically updated on the day!

Anything else about this phone that I should no about???:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Seriously??? Well, I actually did that but does that mean you can still send one to many and they go out as text messages, hence not being charged?

I've no idea - I've never used group texts before, so I don't know.
    Anything else about this phone that I should no about???:D:D:D

Not that I can think of. Any questions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Hi,
    I have problems with Bluetooth. I use it in the car for handsfree but most of the time it won't connect and when it does, the outgoing quality (me speaking) is terrible, incoming (me hearing) is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hi,
    I have problems with Bluetooth. I use it in the car for handsfree but most of the time it won't connect and when it does, the outgoing quality (me speaking) is terrible, incoming (me hearing) is fine.

It was a problem for me on NoDo. Seems to have been improved in Mango. I use Nokia CK-7W in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

It was a problem for me on NoDo. Seems to have been improved in Mango. I use Nokia CK-7W in the car.

Me too. I presumed that my bluetooth system was dated. Will have to try it again.

Advertisement