Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head To Head Seasons

Options
  • 10-10-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Really liking this mode. Finding it tough going though.

Played a season (didn't get promoted) and a half now with Southampton only but have frequently been matched up with Feyenoord, Celtic and QPR ffs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

It took me a few hammerings to realise the fact that the team you pick dictates the team you will play. I kept meeting Real Madrid and other 5 star teams when I barely knew the new defense system. I'm having much more fun playing with 2* sides and learning how to defend online. It's a lot more rewarding and less of a frustrating learning curve, I'v yet to lose a game to raw pace at that level. Great addition to the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Oh didnt know this either , wont be playing with high star teams for the next while, love playing 2 - 3 star games anyway. Still think theres just too much going on with the new defending tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I love how you no longer have to play with a 5 star fanboy noobie team to play a fair online game. I like to play with Herenveen, Santos, Anzhi and Athletic Bilbao. Have had some great open games with those teams. I got to Division 6, then got relegated and just got back up there tonight, hopefully I'll be in the next set of divisions for the next cup in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Really suck at defending in this game and focusing on trying to improve that(unsuccessfully) has hampered my attacking so I've gone on some sickening losing streaks which would have been unthinkable in previous iterations of FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

In division 5 :D

Playing nearly all my games with Real tho because Benzema is just so incredible over-rated in this game I think. Quality player no doubt, but I mean some of the goals I've scored with him have been magical.

Didn't win any cups, but I've been promoted every season except one, where I fell way short of the cut, :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to steer clear of 5* when I begin. Real just too powerful and quick again...Have to find a nice 3.5 or 4 star team that suit me. Time to do some research!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Going to steer clear of 5* when I begin. Real just too powerful and quick again...Have to find a nice 3.5 or 4 star team that suit me. Time to do some research!

I wouldn't recommend Santos . . . . they're mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

To be honest the defending thing really got me at the start and it frustrated me beyond belief, but now I like it somewhat. Playing against average people in the starter division (10?) and holding A to get into position is key. The thing is if you hold it you won't tackle yet somehow people panic and try to run through you and lose the ball. I'm more or less tapping A, getting into position and then tackling and it seems to be working for me. The biggest thing I found going in online was playing any formation that didn't offer a CDM. It seemed to me that any team I played against could literally walk through my team and 2 passes later had a 1vs1 or worse again a 2vs1 for a pass and tap in. I couldn't figure out why I rarely had that opportunity and it seemed to be formation related. Now I sit with 2 players in the CDM role and the only way a team is breaking me down is a cross or some decent passing to unlock my defense. I'm sure a 5 star team with great pace would still unlock it but playing in the 2* to 4* range is a better craic and less frustration.

I have found some outliers in that range, like LA Galaxy have a few decent above average players and that Russian billionaire team has Carlos and Eto'o not to mention some Brazilian teams. I'm sticking with Ireland (Doyle AND Long up front, take that Trap!!) for my 4* team and a few LoI teams for the 2* games. Only recently winning in the 2-1 range, and when I am losing it's normally around that scoreline. Quiet happy with that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

In division3 atm won my first 4 then lost 4 then won 1 then drew was sickened...Mostly using Villareal aswell there really good and Dourtmound..

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

I'm loving not having to use five star teams.

I use Corinthians at the moment and am going well with them. Liedson is a beast up front!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Up to Div 9 but one point from first 4 now so back to Div 10 maybe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I've picked Man City alot in this mode, and almost always come up against Real.

Man city are much better I find. I havent lost many with them

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Belgium...quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Finally managed to make it to Division 1 :cool: Division 2 wasn't as hard as I thought, didn't lose a single game there.

Won my opening game in Division 1 as well. Might give head to head seasons a break for now, thinking of concentrating on Ultimate team and Career mode.

Advertisement